My Little CHAIR

Just a quick post to say THANK YOU to all of those kind bloggers out there who didn't feel the need to correct me in public, (I hate public humiliation...especially when it involves children...a huge no-no in my humble opinion) as I kept referring to my tiny school chair as a DESK! Yes, that is what happens when I try to post quickly, at midnight, after a long day of rearing the little ones and attempting to reach a deadline! So again, thank you for overlooking my oversight!

A couple of you asked me to post some pictures of the little CHAIR after finishing with its makeover. I've decided that for the time being the project is finished. I was going to sand and stain the seat and back slats, but decided that part of the charm (as a fellow blogger suggested) is the wear and tear from tiny hands over the years. I was also going to use the chair as a plant stand on my front porch, but decided that I really like it displayed next to my vintage roll-top school DESK. :)

This little desk gets moved around a lot in our house, but for now it is serving as a display stand for my Willow Tree collection in our entryway. The little drawers hold gloves and mittens for the babes during the winter and their goggles and sunglasses in summer. The desk belonged to my father-in-law and was purchased for him from SEARS in the early 1950s. I love the nostalgia of it and think that the little chair positioned next to it just adds to the charm!





Comments

  1. What a great spot for the little chair to live.The desk is very neat. It's funny, I never even realized you were calling it a desk, and what's my excuse, I don't have one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love it sitting by the DESK! Cute as pie! Still. LOve it! You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spot for the chair! It's perfect! And what a great treasue, the little desk is really a great item! I love how it's decorated!

    I agree with you about correcting in public or in front of the kids. It's a big deal to me as well.

    Hope yall have had a nice week! Wishing you a wonderful weekend and a Special Mother's Day! Do you have any plans this weekend?

    Hugs and Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute! you did really good on that one...and I love the desk too...
    Have a blessed Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids like to sit on the floor and use chairs as desks! It's all the same to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts