Decompression


Today we took the "Decompression" out on her inaugural voyage...around Clinton Lake in Lawrence, KS. It seems every year we have some major boating issue that prevents us from even launching from the dock on our first outing. This year was the exception...we must be getting better at this boating thing!

I find the "Decompression" to be a bit of an oxymoron. Something that is supposed to be relaxing, and well, decompressing, often leads to more angst and headaches then is necessary. And really, does anyone find boating with toddlers and preschoolers relaxing? I suppose my husband does...as he's driving the boat and rocking out to classic '80s rock. Hmmmm...

Just a few pics from today. The weather was absolutely beautiful. We reached a high of 87...the warmest day of spring thus far. The water was still a bit chilly, but refreshing when one needed a quick cool down. Looking forward to a restful Sunday as we recover from excessive sun exposure!


Can you see the excitement? This is old hat for Mary...Ben's not quite sure what to think!


Ben loves his crab floatation device.


Mary sporting her new sun hat. So sweet!

Comments

  1. Precious children, I know they enjoy boating who wouldn't.
    Hope you have a happy Memorial Day. We've had rain for the last 2 days and have it forecasted for the next 4 or more.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking boat! I had a ailingboat once and the best thing to do when kids got tired was to let ther steer the boat when I was sure they couldn´t hit anything :-)
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great time!
    have a wonderful day.
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are having good weather. Nothing but rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a blast. I can understand the work it takes to keep a boat afloat. A few of my family members have had boats and they seem to be money pits! It's great that the kids are learning to live the water and boating at such a young age. I'm sad to say when I was little my parents had a boat and I was scared, what a chicken I was! I think I was 6 or 7.

    Have a great Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well yes, our toys are fun and stress--but a different kind of stress than work. Your house is beautiful and love the porch of course! What a great blog and I've loads of fun looking around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Love the pictures! And I love Mary's hat! Too cute! It is not so relaxing with the toddlers. I am with you. Love the boat though! With that and the water park, yall are set for the summer! The kiddos looked darling!

    Hugs and Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts