A "Cardinal" with the Cardinals...For All You Catholic Baseball Fans

After several days of heavy posts, I thought it was time for something light!

I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri, and although I've lived in Kansas City for 20+ years I will always consider St. Louis home.

A couple of things that St. Louisans are extremely proud of...

...their St. Louis Cardinals baseball team and...

...being affectionately known as "the Rome of the west" (because of its strong Catholic identity and having been the mother diocese of many dioceses in the Midwest, the archdiocese was often referred to as "the Rome of the west").  Source:  Wikipedia

So, when I saw this cartoon, it totally made me laugh out loud (LOL)!!!


Wishing you a peaceful Sunday,


 

Comments

  1. Oh, that is way too funny!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's cute. I too hail from both Missouri and Kansas.. And down here in Texas I get funny looks when I root for my jayhawks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering where that "Rome of the West" came from!

    Thanks for linking up to Saints and Scripture Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also from STL! When I told my fam I was dating a guy from Chicago, no joke, the first question was, "Is he a Cubs fan?" Thankfully, no, he's White Sox all the way. Thank goodness, because 17 years, and 5 kids later, we got to Game 7 of the World Series at Busch Stadium in October 2011. Love the Lou. And gooey butter cake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts