Routines

Normally, August 1st means a return to our "back to school" routine, but this year we pushed the date to August 2nd.

As I previously mentioned, my girl and I were gifted tickets to Kansas City's Amphitheatre, Starlight, to see Cinderella.  It was a delightful evening.

Mary wore her "Ariel" costume and was only one of  a handful of "mermaids" that attended the Royal Wedding!

Tickets to Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Cinderella"
Outside of the theatre.

It was so very hot, but we kept hydrated and fanned ourselves.
View of the stage...from our seats.  The ticket holders have Plaza seats, directly behind the Orchestra section.
Thank you so much to Mary's former soccer coach (and friends/neighbors) Coach Sean, for thinking of us to use your tickets.  This was such a special treat for me and my girl!

Thus, after returning home after 11 PM Sunday night, I allowed Mary to sleep in.  TODAY, we start our back to school routine, i.e., getting up early.

Mary's new school has a much earlier start time (that's one benefit of not having school buses; bus transportation, among other things, sets public school start and dismissal times); 7:50 AM.  Not a problem, except that we live quite a ways from school...no more 5-minute car trip. 

Honestly, I am looking forward to the return to routine.  Regularly schedule bedtime and wake up time helps everyone's day flow better. 

It also allows me to spend more time with Him.  I have been very lax about setting aside morning time to start my day off with prayer and thanksgiving.  And with our Women's Catholic Bible Study group disbanded for the summer, I really got away from reading Scripture.

For now I am off to weed my pathetic garden before the heat of the day cranks up.  108 degrees is the predicted HIGH...not heat index temperature for Kansas City.  Lord, Have Mercy on us!  About the only thing that has been able to tolerate these extreme temperatures are our sunflowers.

Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday,

Comments

  1. I am so ready for that back to school routine. Summer has been blissful enough, but awe that routine. Miss it.

    I get up early in the morning to study scriptures by my self. I find it the quietest time, perfect for praying, reading and pondering.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts