Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

To help celebrate the 4th of July with neighbors and friends, I whipped up a batch of Pink Lemonade Cupcakes.

I know...I know...they're not red, white, and blue.

Sometimes, I'm just not in the mood for blue teeth.  They look awesome on kids though.

I decided to go with "picnic" theme instead.

Doesn't really matter...they were a huge hit with the crowd of "big" kids!



For the cupcake recipe, I used Paula Deen's Pink Lemonade Layer Cake recipe.

Cupcake Batter
1 (18.25-ounce) white cake mix, plus any additional ingredients the package directions call for
3 tablespoon pink lemonade drink powder
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Cupcake Frosting
1 lb confectioners sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoon frozen pink lemonade concentrate
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest


Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 F.  Line cupcake pan with liners.


For the cake, in a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and lemonade powder.
Prepare the cake batter according to the package directions, using any additional ingredients called for (eggs, milk, water, oil, etc…).
Stir the lemon zest into the batter.

Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cupcake pans.

Bake according to box directions.


For the frosting, beat together the confectioners’ sugar and butter until fluffy.

Beat in the remaining ingredients until combined. 

Frost cupcakes. 

(I used a pastry bag and Wilton's icing tip...I think it was 1M)



My cupcake liners came from Michaels and the little candy pieces from Wal-Mart. 

And don't even think for one minute that I came up with this idea on my own.

Absolutely not.

I must give all the credit to Melissa over at A Little Loveliness.  You have got to check out her post that she did on her Pink Lemonade Cupcakes.  Her presentation is to die for.  Really. She does nothing half-baked!  HA!

I did package mine up for delivery in those cute little cupcake boxes. They were a huge hit!




Before these last few weeks of summer slip away, you might be in the mood for some Pink Lemonade...cupcakes!

Enjoy!

 

Comments

  1. those look delicious Val...I'd like one even now with my coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts