Living a Lukewarm Life

How do I spend my days...

Am I living life passionately...

dedicated to doing God's will for my life?  Wife...Mother...Teacher...

Or, am I living a lukewarm life... 

concerned more with what others think, attaining worldly goods, or seeking consolation from others rather than Him?

Thomas a Kempis, in The Imitation of Christ, speaks of the undisciplined person, who "seeks to be released from their duties" and says this person will always be in trouble, for nothing will ever satisfy them.

How true this is!

As I return to blogging regularly, I seen a new opportunity to share with others how I dedicate and commit myself to God...my family...our home.  Not for any worldly gain or profit (i.e. increasing Facebook friends, blog followers, etc.), but rather to live life passionately right where I am and to show others that they can too. 

And speaking of living life with a fervor...it's hard not to in this intense heat wave...

Here  are a couple of shots of my kiddos enjoying a "family fun night" swim at our local aquatic center.  My little ones were so excited to get to stay up late and go swimming "in the dark"!  (I love the enthusiasm for life that our children posses!)

Checking out the flood lights.

I love this shot with Mary's feet coming up off the ground. Such enthusiasm!



Working on our hula hooping skills.
Ben's got some moves!


Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!

Comments

  1. How fun! They are getting so big and I can't believe Luke just had his 1st birthday! He's such a handsome little man! Love the monkey theme too. What a special evening you and Mary had at Cinderella, she looks so cute! I am happy to see you are all happy and well and having a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...You and I are thinking alot alike. I am rethinking about how I am blogging. I want to stay true to my self. No fancy gimmicks, just me being sweet and loving. I hope to make others feel good, by giving sweet comments. With no expectations in return. Joy in Service in any way I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what it is worth, I think from the glimpses of family life I see on your blog that you are doing just fine and your life is anything but lukewarm. God Bless. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new header!
    The kids look to be having a super time. The hula hoop pics crack me up! I think you better get Luke out there to practice. :)


    Melinda

    I'll get those dates to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun!!! :)
    Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts