My Funny Valentine

I'm getting ready to leave for Benjamin's classroom Valentine's Day party.

Yes, I'm that mom...the one in charge of crafts and games. 

Ugh.

I'm not really a "games" person...truth be known.  But, we do these things for our kids.  And because no other mother took that slot on the party sign-up sheet.

Anyway, I've come up with a few cute and fun ideas to celebrate this holiday of love.


Our first game involves doily hearts, Vaseline, and noses!  Should be adorable watching a roomful of 5 and 6-year olds pick up paper valentines without using their hands. 

Our next game..."Don't Smile".  Relatively self-explanatory.  Kiddos sit around in a circle and the one chosen to be "it" sits down in front of someone and tempts them not to smile.  Try it...it's nearly impossible!  Here I was able to get my over-tired, grouchy Benjamin to smile...all by saying, "Don't Smile! Don't you dare smile!" 



And finally, we're doing the Marshmallow Heart Transfer game where the object is to use your fun, crazy, curly-straw to pick up and transfer the heart-shaped, fruit-flavored marshmallows from your plate to your cup.  Most marshmallows transferred in 30 seconds...maybe 1 minute!...wins.


 If time allows, I've also created a couple of crafts. 

The first one is simple...room mothers will help me trace little hands on colored construction paper.  Then, I plan to take those home to cut out and glue down to create a poster-size card that reads...

Best Kindergarten Teacher
"Hands Down"!!!

 I also created simple, handmade lacing cards.  Tutorial to come.  Wish me luck...I'm teaching 9 kindergartners...7 of which are BOYS...how to back stitch!  


Wishing you lots of Valen-tiny hugs and kisses this week!
 

Comments

  1. You'll be FABULOUS Valerie! Plus the coolest mom ever for taking on this part of the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I wish you were a room mother for my kids! This will be wonderful, I'm sure! Please let us know how it went! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun--these sound great!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ladies! Thanks for your kind words and show of support. The kids really enjoyed all the games. Vaseline on the noses was a hit, but so was the marshmallow transfer game. Barely had time for lacing hearts, but better to have too much than too little on party days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those all sound fantastic. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts