A Bit Under the Weather...



I've got a little one that has been a bit under the weather.

No surprise, really.  With a case of Norovirus late in January and then Influenza in early February it's no wonder that he's developed an ear infection.

There's worse things, right?

I do gotta say, though, us mamas truly do forget what it's like to be in the trenches of "newborn" days when our youngest is already age two!  I think Luke was up every hour to two hours Monday night into Tuesday morning..  He cried and coughed his way from 8 PM to 5 AM.

Fortunately, we are on the mend!

And just in time for the REAL weather maker!!!


Source:  Fox 4 KC Weather Blog

And just think...my youngest, Luke, will get to experience his very first snowman!!!  We have not had a measurable, shovel-able snow since February of 2011.  Luke was only 6 months old the last time we got this much snow!  He is gonna have no clue what to do with all the white stuff, but I'm confident big brother and sister will show  him the ropes!  I promise lots of pictures!!!

I hope to be back on later tonight!  We had a wonderfully busy President's Day Weekend with Mary performing with her 4-H Club Dance Team for Johnson County "Club Days"!  She worked so very hard to learn her country line dance. All new stuff for this suburban-turned-rural-living mama!  :)

Comments

  1. Oh, Val...when you were missing for a few days, I thought you may have a sick chick in the house. Prayers your way to get that house healthy! And I am jealous...I love a good snowstorm. As long as everyone driving is safe, and we don't lose power, or Heaven forbid, internet service! Hope to see more of you soon... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a dear friend, Billie Jo! Yes, Luke is down, but not out! LOL I'm not surprised...he's been congested for so many weeks now. Between that and the pediatricians not recommending any OTC meds for the 2 and under group it can just linger! He's already feeling better! Would love to know tonight if we get a snow day tomorrow...many districts have already cancelled...so that I could stay up and play in blog land late into the night!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope little love is on the mend soon! And yippee for your snow!! How exciting! Country line dancing?? Holy cow! You should be fixin' to show us a video soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you. Hope Luke gets better soon.
    I have been under the weather myself for the last two days and
    now probably a snow day tomorrow.
    Oh my!

    Take care.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh :( It's been a hard year for illness in our house too. And I don't have great sleepers to begin with :/ I hope everyone feels brand new soon! And praying for rest for you, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How's your little one feeling? Healthy enough to play out in the snow, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts