The Summer Bug…Ugh!

We’ve been a mess over here today,  hence no creative post or pictures!

Mary Catherine woke up with a 101 degree temperature yesterday morning and then began throwing up.  It didn’t last all day, basically just the morning, but cleaning up throw up…even if it is your own kid’s… is just gross!

Then around 12 noon, the stomach bug hit mommy.  I really don’t know where Mary and I picked this up from.  I’m going to guess at one of those many graduation parties we attended on Saturday afternoon!   You know…everyone’s hands in the chip/nuts/dip bowls.  Eeeew!

Last night was also a disaster.  As if I didn’t feel bad enough, little man was up every two hours…every.TWO.hours.  Like a newborn.  Hmmmm….

He cried off and on all night about his ears hurting him.  So, since he’s been sporting that awesome green nose accompanied with the deep chest congestion, I called the pediatrician and got him in this afternoon.  Yup…raging ear infection in both ears. 

We were supposed to go camping this Memorial Day weekend with good friends, but cancelled our plans.  A)  I’m a wimp and the mere thought of tent camping on an air mattress at 30-weeks pregnant was enough to turn my stomach, and B) with both kiddos recovering from illness Fire Hubby and I decided we just need to recuperate at home.  Our friends are disappointed, but a family’s gotta do what a family’s gotta do.

What a  way to start the summer!  Hope to be more energized and creative tomorrow.  I’ll be by to visit y’all soon!


Comments

  1. Oh no! I hope you all feel better soon. Stomach bugs are NO.FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! We woke up with a fever over here yesterday but nothing other then that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness--
    Sorry to hear about your illnesses.
    Guess something must be going around.
    Summer is starting "well" for both of us.
    Hope you guys feel better soon!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry yall are all sick! :( Bless yalls hearts. I will send some extra thoughts and prayers! I don't blame you for canceling out on the camping trip! Just doesn't sound like the weeknd to camp. Hope everyone is feeling all better soon!
    Hugs and Love,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´m so sorry for You all! I´m one of those lucky ones that never have had an ear ace in my life and haven´t thrown up since I was twynty one. But it is enough to remember that to understand that You must have had an awful time now!

    Take care of You now!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are all feeling better soon. I don't blame you for not wanting to go camping. You need time to get well and catch up with some sleep.
    Sending a hug today.
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts