Good morning, everyone!
Today, Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting her weekly “show Us Your Life” party. This week’s theme: names you’ve chosen for your kiddos! Obviously, very pertinent to me right about now!
You see…I’m stuck. I just can not decide upon a baby boy name. Oh I had my girl name picked out…and I just KNEW I was having a girl…until the perinatologist confirmed that little boy part!
Now that the shock has worn off (HA!), I have been studying name books and internet lists on a daily basis. Yet, I still can’t decide.
Perhaps you could help?
Here’s a few “parameters”:
- I tend to lean toward gently “old-fashioned” names that are classic and timeless.
- I also like names with a Biblical connection.
- Our last name is pronounced “Keater or Keeter” although it has a funky spelling (Kueter…German!). It is not pronounced “Kooter” or “Cuter” LOL
- Our daughter is named Mary Catherine. Mary was my maternal grandmother. She only had one daughter of her six children, my mom (my mom has five older brothers!). Catherine, our daughter’s middle name is from my sister, Joy Catherine.
- Our son is named Benjamin Paul. We chose Benjamin because it is a classic name, means “Son of the Right Hand” and “is often given to name a son born of older parents”! Ha! Chris and I were 37 and 39 respectively when Benjamin was born. Paul is a family name as well. We have Paul Kueter, Great-Grandpa; Gary Paul, my father-in-law; and Christopher Paul, my husband. Interesting fact…Great-Grandpa, Grandpa, and Benjamin were all born within 3-days of each other during the month of November. Great-Grandpa and Ben were born 90 years apart (Great-Grandpa was still alive at the time) and Grandpa and Ben were born 65 years apart! Daddy was born on father’s day the year he was born, so although he wasn’t a November baby, he had a pretty special birthday too!
So what do think? Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated. I do have a few boy names I’ve been mulling over, but before I share, I’d like to hear your ideas so as not to sway you.