New Friends

A couple of weeks ago, I was graced by a visit from my new blogging friend, Nancy, over at Acorn Cottage. Nancy is just a delight, and although we've never met in person, and are at completely different places in life (she is parenting young adults where as I have toddlers/preschoolers)I can tell that we would totally get along! She is one of those artistic/creative types and I am one of those wanna-be artistic/creative types!

What I love most about Nancy is her love of living in Kansas City. As a transplanted St. Louisan, whose family is across the state, I can get very "homesick" and not want to give KC a chance. Not Nancy...she is a transplanted Californian who delights in all things midwestern! Through her love of the City of Fountains, she has reminded me of what a truly wonderful place Kansas City is to raise my kids.

Nancy left me a surprise on her blog...my very first blogging awards! Thank you Nancy so very much!





"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and to be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated."

Now I would like to pass these awards on to a new friend that I made! Patty at Blessings Beyond is such a wonderful example of what a mother should be! The love and patience that she showers her daughters with is beyond measure. In addition, she is the loudest and best cheerleader for fostering and adoption that I have ever met!

I'm not even sure how I stumbled across Patty's blog, but I immediately felt a kinship with her. Patty and I have both been marked with the scarlet letter I (for infertility), and although we created our families through different means (Patty's via adoption and mine through in vitro) we refused to allow our diagnosis to get us down! We simply had to overcome a "mere" obstacle in our desire to become mommies!

Recently, Patty took a small break from blogging to be at her father's side while he underwent and recovered from surgery. Can you believe that upon her return the other day, she visited my blog and commented on every post that she missed?!!! A true blogging friend.

So again, thank you to Nancy for bestowing upon me a blogging award and a toast to you Patty!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your first blog awards! The blogging community has turned out to be a blessing in disguise for me as well. Some of the people you "meet" are wonderful. Oh, and I love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWH SHUCKS VAL!!!!!
    I'm all warm, mushy, cozy, lovey dovey now! What a nice start to my day. Listen girl...you and I aren't very far from each other, and we WILL meet, and have a grand time! Heck...Dan-the-Man and I just went for a country drive in you area the other day and I excitedly told him "My blog friend Val has a home out here!!!!" I didn't know you were a transport to Kansas?!?! You will love living out here because I'll make it contagious. I should be on a tourism board for Kansas because I think it's the bomb diggity! I'll have to check out who you are sending off your blog award to, because she must be pretty special, just like you!

    XOXOX
    Nancemeister

    ReplyDelete
  3. The internet is a fantastic place really. Think of all new friends we get here. If it wasn´t for the internet I never would have met any of You american bloggers!
    Happy easter!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie! Oh, I'm so glad you popped in to see me! Congratulations on your awards! Isn't it amazing how we can connect with bloggers and just become instant friends? Hope you'll come back to see me again!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Valerie! I couldn't have happened to a better blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, my sweet friend and Thank you so very much!!! I don't know what to say! It was super sweet of you!!!! You are too kind!

    Hugs and Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Valerie! I'm so glad you stopped by and left a message on Benjamins Bday.They are precious when they are little innocent sweet babys. With those cute little baby voices (that's what I really miss)But to have raised a child for 21 years and to realize this adult will now be your friend for life is the greatest reward for me. It does go by fast, but looks like you are cherishing every moment, take lots of videos. Every Christmas our kids love to watch the old videos we made when they were little.
    Amy:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's me....AGAIN!!! Of course you can call me girlfriend you big goof! Heck, we're neighbors! I had my kids when I was 22 and 24...tha's why I look so youthful!
    He he he...Everyone has a story to tell. I actually found out more about you from reading your post on someone elses blog...go figure...we're running around to all the same blogs. Kansas radar or something!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, and welcome to Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts