Blue Monday/Vintage Baby Quilt


Happy Blue Monday! Much thanks to Sally for hosting Blue Monday, and for many other fabulous blue finds please visit Smiling Sally. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Today I am sharing a vintage baby quilt created by my husband's grandmother. Armella is quite the accomplished seamstress/quilter and I have been graced with the gift of caring for this beautiful baby quilt created in 1945. It is over 60-years old and was lovingly preserved.

Armella created the baby quilt for her son, my father-in-law, in 1945. It was then passed on to my mother-in-law in 1967 when my husband was born. Almost forty-years later, it was passed on to me with the birth of our son, Benjamin in 2006.

Small side note...I think this is a really cool fact...Benjamin Paul was born almost 90-years to the day that his great-grandfather was born (Paul) (birthdays are a mere two-days apart)and almost 62-years to the day that his grandfather, Gary Paul, was born(1-day apart). Sadly, Daddy (Christopher Paul) broke the birthday chain, but wait...Daddy was born on Father's Day in 1967 so I guess that makes up for it! Fortunately, I was able to do my part and delivered Ben as destiny "scheduled". Ha Ha! Wow, I feel bad for Ben's future wife, that's a lot of baby pressure!






Armella's sweet signature on the back of the quilt.

Comments

  1. What a precious baby quilt to be handed down from generation to generation!

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is a lot of pressure! What a treasure that quilt is. How good of you to love it. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt and story! Your vintage baby quilt really does preserve the look of the era it was created in (just about my own era). It has certainly been very lovingly preserved. Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic that it still is so fine!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness....soooo sweet!

    Happy Blue Monday.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely. I just love family history,traditions and quilts!
    Happy blue monday

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valerie! That is so darn cute! What a treasure...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely heirloom. I love things that have a story and this quilt certainly has a story. Happy Blue Monday

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet quilt and heritage behind it.

    Hope your Blue Monday was a good one☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. Valerie, that quilt is precious! I decided to learn to quilt once. I took on a HUGE project and hand quilted a king size, to the floor quilt. I never quilted again. :)The quilt is folded and in a cedar chest with memento's I have saved from Patrick.

    Valerie..thank you also for your sweet post and for sharing that memory with me. I DO NOT want to out live any of my children. If I have just one wish on this earth it is to go before they do. However...only God knows what the plan is. The gift that was given to your Grandmother is that she passed at home with loved ones.
    Many hugs sweet friend.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute.
    And interesting about the birthdays!

    Blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!
    Happy Blue Monday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful and precious gift! The quilt is beautiful!!! How amazing to have been handed down all these years! It is just wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing! Hugs and Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely quilt. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts