Ballet Slipper Pink/Pink Saturday


Mary loved her first pair of ballet slippers!


Shopping for new ballet slippers this week.

I am becoming seriously addicted to these memes! In addition to Blue Mondays, I have discovered Pink Saturdays. For my FIRST Pink Saturday, I thought that I would share with you pictures of my daughter's tiny pink ballet slippers! Is there anything sweeter in the world of dance?!!! (For more lovely PINKNESS, please visit our lovely hostess, Beverly at How Sweet the Sound.

Mary Catherine began exploring dance exactly one year ago. While not exactly a natural...she does have the best disposition for it! She's self-confident regardless of ability (and really, we're talking 3-4 years old here!) and willing to take and follow direction. She's independent and spunky and hasn't encountered enough of the world's criticisms to shake her self-esteem.

The following are pictures of Mary experiencing her very first dance recital. (By the way, Mary takes dance through the local community center. In this day and age of "competitivie" dance/ball/academic leagues, I wanted a low/no-stress environment that wasn't cost-prohibitive. We love going to our local community center, in our tiny town that just got its first stoplight, on Tuesdy afternoons to tap, tumble, and pirouette with Ms. Tauna!)


Pre-recital; I think she looks a bit Shirley Temple-esque!


Warming up before the show in costume with her good friend and dance partner, Sydney.


Getting some last minute directions. My daughter is the one doing the "W" sitting. Always the little lady...not!

Comments

  1. wonderful post ... I remember (being forced) to take dance classes - this brings back some fun (and some not-so-fun!LOL) memories!

    HaPpY PiNk SaTuRdAy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So important that they have a lot of fun what ever they do, especially at that age. Never danced myself, I have as much sense of pace as a dead fox :-)
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, your daughter is adorable. She looks so sweet in her ballet pink. My granddaughter Molly is a dancer, as was her mother before her. I still have my daughter's first ballet slippers. The pictures are so sweet. Thank you for your kind comments.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie. I can't wait to get to live through dance recitals once my granddaughter, who will arrive next month, is old enough. With three boys, I never got to do those things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is a cutie, she was born to wear a tutu!!! Thank you for coming by my blog.
    Happy 1st Pink Saturday
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh..how adorable Mary is! I remember when I used to take my little girl to the same type of classes....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet pink post!!! I remember shopping for my girlies first pair of ballet shoes and leotards, they grow so fast!!!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to be a ballet dancer when I was little, I think purely for the ballet shoes and the tutus. Your little daughter is Loveleigh, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I don't know if my 3 yr old would take direction well enough to do something like this...she tends to want to be off doing her own thing. Must take after her Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh..just too darned cute!! They all look so sweet.
    Listen...I did that. I remember at about 6 or so, laying out in the field near out home and watching the clouds. I remember once thinking I saw a baby in a cradle. :) Odd that I remember that!
    Take care..
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah this post just really brought me to giggles. I was once..oh maybe I still am that little girl sitting frog style on the floor. In fact, I am sitting indian style in my office chair right now. lol LOVED the post! BTW, Shirley Temple Black was once a friend of mine. She would be honored at your words...I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this! THANKS!
    Happy Blue Monday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. how beautiful!!!! SO very special! I love small town living! The tiny shoes are just darling! She looks so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts