When it Rains it Pours! (UPDATE)

UPDATE:  It was pneumonia.  Apparently it was all over his lungs (not isolated to one particular area) including behind his heart.  He was sent home last night with an antibiotic and inhaler.

The night was difficult and Alister continued to battle high fever.  After watching him struggle to breath all morning long, my sister and brother-in-law took him back to the ER where he was admitted.

The plan is to keep him overnight and release him on Monday.  He is refusing all food or drink so he definitely needs to be rehydrated as well as receive oxygen to make it easier to breath.

As one sweet follower mentioned, we are concerned about  Eli’s health as well.  At this point, he is healthy.  It has been 6-weeks since his heart surgery and the cardiologist has assured my sister that his immune system is actually stronger, not weaker, because of the corrective surgery.  Thank you all for your continued prayers!!!

 

See this cutie…

IMG_0150

this is my nephew, Alister, my sister’s son.  Alister is 4-years old and ALL BOY!

My sister (the nurse) just called to tell me that this little guy is on his way to the ER with possible complications of the H1N1 virus.  Please say prayers that this virus has not led to pneumonia or worse. 

And yes…he is big brother to Eli…

IMG_0238

who underwent open heart surgery over Labor Day weekend to correct a congenital heart defect.

When it rains it pours!  Any and all prayers would be appreciated!!!


Comments

  1. Valerie

    You got that right --it does seem like when it rains it pours.
    I hope both boys will be well and up and running around soon.
    Prayers to you and your family.
    Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!!!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poor baby. He is such a cutie. He has our prayers for sure. Oh man your sister must be concerned. I will also pray for her and her husband. It is so hard when your babies are ill. UGH! The fear of the virus with Eli aslo. I am praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This virus is just horrible. I will say a prayer for the little guy. I read your post below too and I'm so glad you finally got your two healthy happy children, but I understand you will always feel the loss of the ones that didn't live to be born . Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry to hear about your nephews. I will definitely keep him in my prayers. This h1n1 is so scary.
    Keep us updated. Prayers are sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your nephews are on the road to recovery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((Hugs)))I hope both your nephews are feeling much better soon.

    Please come by my blog, I've nominated you for a blog award.

    http://ourfullnest.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

    Alister has been taking fluids, receiving oxygen, and is now resting comfortably (or at least is more comfortable). My sister is staying the night with him.

    The hospital swabbed him and he did come back with a confirmed case of Influenza A (probable H1N1).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for health for your sister's family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. God Bless them. I am amazed at how often and in so many ways our little ones take us to prayer. I will continue to pray for the family to be healed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Val-
    Prayers are coming your families way right here and right now. Kind of puts all the small stuff that we grumble about having to deal with right in perspectivie doesn't it? May God bless them and watch over them and keep them safe and get them healthy ASAP!

    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! Poor little guy in that hospital bed. Praying right now for complete healing of his body and restoration to health.

    Love your camera by the way!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts