YNG4EVR


On Sunday night, After a wonderfully fun-filled weekend camping and boating with my husband and kiddos, I was preparing to upload photos and post about our great time together. Before blogging, I quickly checked my facebook page and was horrified to learn that a high school classmate's 10-year old son was involved in a tragic accident over the weekend and was clinging to life at St. Louis Children's Hospital.

Unfortunately, sweet Nolan passed away yesterday afternoon. It is a devastating loss for his entire family and the local community. Nolan was a 5th grader, a soccer player, a Catholic. His family is deeply grieving and mourning the loss of this beautiful 10-year old boy. One can only take solace in the fact that he is now perfect in Heaven and wrapped in God's arms.

This afternoon I saw this on a personalized plate...YNG4EVR. I immediately thought of Nolan.

On the eve of my 40th birthday, I also feel young. I think I spent so much time fretting over turning 40 that I lost a year of my life!!! Now that 40 is upon me, I reflect back and thank God for all of the blessings and lessons He has bestowed on me and vow to really begin living life. As I watch my little ones play, the lesson is not lost upon me that life is short; life is fragile; life is a precious gift meant to be unwrapped!!!

Blessings to all of you,
Valerie

P.S. The daisy is believed to symbolize the innocence of youth. I thought this was an appropriate image to share in honor of Nolan.

Comments

  1. So sorry for your friend's loss.

    And as for turning 40, you've got lots of "young" left in you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so helpless so far away. This poor family. Karen has always been a strong person but this is a lot to take. God will bless them I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a close call this last weekend, and I also had to pause and think how are children are here one day and possibly gone the next. I cried all weekend just thinking of the possibilities. I'm sorry for your friend's loss... Thank God that He has that child safely in His arms now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie--

    I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss. Soo hard when a child is involved.

    Hope you have awonderful birthday!
    Any special plans???
    Thanks for responding to my email,
    I'll reply soon!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your friend's loss! I can't imagine! THey are in my prayers!

    Girl you are young!!!

    Hope your birthday is special, just like you!

    Hugs and Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...Happy Birthday to you and thank you for putting it in perspective for us. I'm turning 40 soon as well, and I should just be so grateful for each day I've had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to stop by today, and say,

    HAPPY Birthday!!!!!!!

    Hugs and Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  8. They must be devastated. i think there can be nothing worse than the loss of a child. It's horrendous.

    Happy belated birthday to you! I hope you have a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be the worst thing that can happen in life, loosing ones child! My thoughts goes to them today!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!

    Wow, what a reminder of the fragility of life. I am so sorry to hear of this boy's tragic death.

    I hope you have some bright times and smiles today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. God bless Nolan and his family. I will pray for them.
    I am also a catholic and believe this sweet child is in heaven safe and sound at the side of God.

    Happy birthday tomorrow (I believe you said). 40 is still young. No worries your still a young mama, Don't worry about age, I do it too sometimes when I think about how fast time passes me by but we can't slow it down so I guess we better just enjoy it, every little second of it. I hope you have a fabulous birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts