Happy Birthday, Mary Catherine!



Dear Mary Catherine,

Happy Birthday, darling! It is hard to believe that you are 5-years old today. I can remember your birth day like it happened yesterday. At 6 lbs 12 oz, you were a little bundle of joy; a long-awaited blessing from God.

It has been such a joy to watch you change from infant to toddler and now preschooler. You are no longer a baby; you really are a little girl. One who loves to sing along with Taylor Swift or "Hannah Montana", play with My Little Ponies, and help me bake cupcakes in the kitchen. You really aren't a babydoll kind of girl, but you definitely are "girly". You love dance class, Disney princesses, and arts & crafts.

This year you requested a "Barbie" birthday. It was difficult to support you in this desire; not because I am anti-Barbie, but because to me, Barbies are what the "big girls" play with. I guess I was still hoping you would have an Elmo/Abby Cadabby kind of birthday party. You really are growing up. I hope that your Barbie birthday cake was exactly what you dreamed of!

Mommy and Daddy wish you lots of happiness and many successes this year. May you always know how much you are loved and appreciated for who you are and what you bring to our family.

All of our love,
Mommy & Daddy

Comments

  1. Great post. She is a lucky girl. I just went through birthdays too. It's amazing how fast the time goes! You did a good job on the cake. Happy Birthday Mary Catherine! You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday wishes and dreams to the sweet Birthday Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sen a Happy Birthday to her from Sweden too!
    They do grow up so fast!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww...happy birthday to your baby.
    Your barbie cake rocks by the way!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe such a sweet post. Happy birthday. I hope she has an amazing day. I too share this birthday with her. Its a great day for birthdays.
    Her cake is adorable. I wonder if I could ask for that kind of cake for mine today too :) I loved barbies growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me also say Happy Birthday Mary. Even though I am not blood family I love you still the same. I can remember watching you crawl around the daycare and then learning to walk. I loved to hold you in my arms and rock you to sleep for nap time. I can't believe you are 5 already! It is such a joy watching you grow into a cute little girl. You will always hold a special place in my heart.

    I love you, Miss Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, thank you to all for the sweet birthday sentiments...Erin, your message especially brought tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated Birthday sweetie! She is beautiful and her cake is very pretty! I can understand, I am struggling with my baby girl growing up too. Lil E will be 5 next month. Where did time go? I know it flew by, but I wish it would slow down a little, ok mom honesty here, a lot! The Barbie cake was great though! Have missed ya! Hugs and Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog...I love the name Mary Catherine and absolutely love the cake.
    Kids just melt us don't they.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh how sweet.

    I hope she had a wonderful birthday.

    I don't know if I told you that she shares the same name as my mother.

    I love 5 year olds. What a wonderful age. Just delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great post. Here is a great giveaway and easy rules. Ends Sunday. http://marianneshouseofshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww sweet post. :) Happy birthday Mary Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 5??? Who authorized that??? Don't you wish you could sprinkle some fairy dust on them and keep them little forever? Her smile is the cutest thing ever! Happy Birthday to Ms. Mary! That's my Moms name you know, and she is an angel on earth...most people that are names mary are :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's so cute! What a neat cake!

    Where did you get her face painted at (from the photo on the right)? Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts