Lordy, lordy, looks who's 40!!!

Well, the day has come...it's official...I am an honorary, card-carrying member of the 40s club!!! In honor of my 40th birthday, I thought I'd share 40 things I love about life. So...here goes:

1. My faith
2. My husband, Chris
3. My kiddos, Mary & Ben
4. My parents, Pat & John, who recently celebrated 41 years of marriage!
5. My In-Laws, Ellen & Gary
6. My siblings, John and Joy
7. My husband's siblings, Dana & Ryan
8. My nieces and nephews
9. My husband's and my extended families (grandparents, cousins, etc.)
10. Lifelong friends and new blogging friends.

11. Living on just shy of 1-acre in a subdivision!
12. Our wrap-around porch
13. Living in a 1-stoplight town
14. The little local library
15. Taking Mary & Ben to Dollar General
16. Our town's aquatic center
17. Watching Mary in dance class
18. Being a stay-at-home mom!
19. Being an American
20. Being a teacher

21. Farmers'Markets
22. Mexican Food/Margaritas
23. Chocolate/Deserts
24. Music
25. Quilts
26. Seasons
27. 4th of July; sparklers/fire works/parades
28. Fall Leaves
29. Pumpkins/Pumpkin Patches
30. Christmas trees/decorations

31. Holiday movies with my kids
32. Building snowmen
33. My gift and talent for writing
34. Being blonde ;)
35. Manicures/Pedicures
36. Being a teenager in the 1980s!!!
37. Down comforters/luxurious bedding
38. Long walks along the seashore
39. Picking up seashells
40. Sunrises/Sunsets

I could probably add about 400 other things I love about life, but I'll leave it at that! Thanks to so many of you that have already dropped by and left birthday wishes!


The best birthday gift ever...having our "miracle" baby just shy of my 35th!!!

Comments

  1. Awww so sweet! Happy birthday sis! So wish we could be together and wish I could have had a party for you last weekend. But I will see you soon and am sooo glad you will be there for me next week! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like at almost 40 for me, that we have very similar interests. I love 36...growing up a teen in the 80's was AWESOME!
    Happy Birthday! Now that I've seen someone survive their 40th, maybe I can survive mine too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do know that 40 is the new 20. You're just a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list! And I love how you see life! :) You are awesome!!!

    Happy Birthday to you!

    Hugs and Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post today. You are going to laugh at this I am at Neb. Furniture Mart using a display computer right now nLOL!!, responding to your post. Happy Birthday I am so fortunate to have you as a freind, I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Love you.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Hey! Hey! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    Enjoy your day! Loved the list!

    Melinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!! I also love your list, it's always good to remember all the good things in life even amid the tough stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy Birthday! I loved your list, I found many things we share in common. I hope all your birthday wishes came true or at least most of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to you! My birthday is this week too.

    I just told my husband last night that I someday want a house with a big front porch. I love your porch photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Happy Birthday Valerie! Welcome to the 40's club! It's not bad, honest. It think in your 40's you really know what you want in your life and feel very comfortable in your own shoes. Thanks for sharing your blessings with us! May all your fondest wishes and dreams come true this year!

    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

    40 is fabulous. I just turned 40 last year (which means I will turn 41 in October...) and life is still good!

    I love that you love your life. It makes me so happy to be around people that are happy and content about their circumstances. It's the best way to live!

    Hope you have super duper fantastic birthday and that you are showered with gifts and lots of lovin´

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Valerie!

    *from a fellow fire hubby wife.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy belated birthday!

    i too, love your list. i think we have a lot in common. thanks for visiting our "nest" today. have a lovely weekend.

    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post! You are a special person!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have birthdays close to eachother. I wish you a very Happy One!!!

    I JUST put up a New post! Come by for a visit and say hi if you get a chance,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday!! :) Loved the list of 40 things you love about life... what a wonderful thing to think about on your birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for your support and prayers during the fire near my home. It was wonderful.

    And yes, my pics are backed up on an external hard drive.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday!! I hope it was a wonderful day for you!! Love your list, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just wanted to come by and tell you, that I'm praying for your family! Hoping Eli's surgery goes well today!
    Hugs and Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey sweet lady*! I am laying here relaxing and reading these sweet comments with Mimi. First, I want to say thank you Lord for the good report from your little nephew, Eli. YES, we believe in Miracles, and I think Eli is one*!!! You just made my day with this wonderful report!

    As for me, I'm not doing the high dose chemo yet. I won't do that until I get to MD Anderson and will be in isolation for several weeks. Before I can go start the high dose and stem cell transplant, I have to be back in remission, and since my last PET scans showed the presence of cancer cells, I have to do between 2-4 treatments to get back into remission before going to MD Anderson. So, I have one down, and hopefully will only have to do one more before going, but we'll see. Thank you so much for your sweet thoughts and prayers*!

    I hope you are having a wonderful evening*!

    _Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts