Another School Year Begins

Today is the first day of school for my oldest two.  Luke starts tomorrow.

And I just get to be "mom" today.  Not "working mom".  It's a half-day and I don't work in the AM.  Just walked in and dropped them off.  Yippee!

We started with some "before school" photos. 
I made Mary wear "the plaid".  (She would have preferred her navy blue uniform shorts.)
But the plaid is just so "parochial"...so very "Catholic" if you will!  
And I think kids in uniforms are so cute!







Then, I insisted on some "school" shots.   :)





And finally, some classroom shots.  

And yes, my kids were getting annoyed with me by this time!  




Can't leave out the "heartbreaking" shot...

...this one's not gonna do so well transitioning to preschool.  :(

He broke out the "ugly cry"!


I hope that all of you have gotten your school years off to a great start.  My kids are actually a few of the last ones in the metro-area to start school.  

We've really enjoyed these last few days of 
Summer Vacation by ourselves!!!
 

Comments

  1. Happy First Day Of School, Val! So happy you are off to a great start!

    Love the pictures! And I would insist on the plaid as well! : )

    Enjoy you day, dear friend...warm wishes for a happy, healthy school year for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! These pictures are great. I am sure I will have a slew of my own, complete with the ugly cry shot. But, sadly, it will be of me. I don't do well on the first day of school. In fact, I have a picture of me in Kindergarten on the last day of school balling my eyes out because I didn't want it to end. I've always been attached to the school dynamic. Why do I share these things?! Embarrassing!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1st Day of School to the kiddos. I hope they have a wonderful day! Luke will get there. Great photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, they are ADORABLE!! Great shots!! Thanks for sharing!
    Much success this year to all of you!\xpxoxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even the ugly photo is adorable. I pray he can make the transition soon. It can be so hard for some children. We started back today. Only one of my children would let me capture the moment in a nice photo.

    Did you start back teaching?

    ReplyDelete
  6. May you ALL have a blessed school year!! Beautiful pictures of beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts