End-of-Year Teacher Gifts...Thanks for Making 2nd Grade a "Piece of Cake"!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

I hope that your weekend is off to a great start. I know that the weather is not cooperating for a lot of you in the Northeastern parts of the United States, but maybe you can at least relax and spend some time with loved ones...even if it is indoors!!!

My kiddos officially started "Summer Break" on Thursday morning at 11 AM, but from the feel of it around here, it's obvious that "Summer" is still weeks away!  Still, nothing says summer like late nights, sleeping in, and flip flops and we've experienced all three already.

I've been working on some fun projects for around the house, but before I share those next week, I promised to share my "End-of-Year Teacher Gifts" that I created as our way of saying thank you to Mary and Ben's teachers.



While I wish I could take credit for coming up with this idea on my own, I really need to 'fess up that I borrowed and expounded upon the idea from Pinterest.  (In Education we call this "sharing" of ideas!)

I saw where a mom purchased a really cute cake plate, gussied it up with some polka dot ribbon, and attached the message, "You really made 1st Grade a Piece of Cake."  And while I tried to find cute cake plates to gussy up with polka dot ribbon, I was out of luck (and maybe a certain someone had explosive diarrhea while out shopping, but we won't talk about that!  LOL).

So, in my panicked mode...as I was perusing the baking aisle of my local Walmart...I found these beautiful Spring green Bundt pans on sale for $5.00 each.  I quickly snatched up three!  (I just love the color!!!)



Although a cake plate would be cute, I could come up with cute too!  In fact, I could include dry ingredients and a recipe for my often-requested Inside Out Cake all packaged neatly in the Bundt pan and keeping with the "piece of cake" theme!!! Brilliant, I tell you!  ;)








Of course, I could still include polka dot ribbon...just on the outside of the package.  :)





As Mary was in a combined 1st Grade/2nd Grade classroom this year, I made sure to create the Bundt Pan gift package for both teachers as well as Benny's Kindergarten teacher (who is leaving...sniff sniff!).

And in case you are wanting the Inside Out Cake recipe,  it follows:

Inside Out Cake

1 Box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 4 oz. Package of Instant Chocolate Pudding
2 Eggs
1 3/4 Cups of Milk
1 12 oz. Package (2 cups) of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips


  • Grease and Four Bundt or tube pan
  • Mix together all ingredients by hand and pour into Bundt/tube pan
  • Bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 350 degrees
  • Allow cake to cool, then turn out. 


Wishing you a relaxing, safe, and blessed Memorial Day Weekend!!!

Schools out for Summer!!!




 

Comments

  1. As a former school teacher, gosh! I would have LOVED to receive those thoughtful gifts. The two littles look both excited for summer AND giving a gift to their teacher ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I'm sure the kid's
    teachers loved them.

    We finished Thursday too but I ended the year with Laryngitis.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valeie, what a cool gift !! If I were the teacher, I'd run home and make that cake that night!! very thoughtful of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second what Patty said! Awesome idea, and thanks for that yummy recipe! That s a keeper...have a wonderful first weekend of summer dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a super cute teacher's gift Valerie! The teachers must have absolutely loved it! I think I may want to try your cake recipe. I'm intrigued with the idea of adding instant pudding. Must make it very moist. I can't believe your children are out already. My son has two more weeks before he is sprung free for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, yummy, and practical! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! :) I'm pinning this, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a fun mom. Enjoy Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts