Holy Thursday/Fabric Lined Easter Baskets

"The world is lost for want of sweetness and kindness. People are starving for love because everybody is in such a great rush." 
~ Blessed Teresa of Calcutta~



Love, love, LOVE this quote from Mother Teresa!

As I prepare for Easter Sunday (outfits, home decor, meals, etc.), I must also prepare my heart and mind for this most sacred and holy day.  I need to slow down, being kind and generous of spirit toward those most in need of my love...my little ones...my spouse. 

As in years past, we are planning to unplug tomorrow on Good Friday.  No Internet...no television...basically no electronic entertainment.  My mother started this tradition with my siblings and I when I was growing up and I continue to uphold it.  Traditionally, I've avoided the above-referenced activities between the hours of noon and three, but for the first time, tomorrow, I am implementing a totally electronic-free day...all day.

A personal sacrifice, not just for the children, but for me too! 

So, before I sign off I'll just share with you a couple of sweet pictures of my little ones with their Easter baskets.  They are eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Easter Bunny with visions of chocolate bunnies and jelly beans dancing in their heads.

This year, I decided to create my own fabric liners for their Easter baskets.  I've never been a big fan of the plastic-y, pastel-ish Easter baskets sold at the big box stores.  Rather, I love the look of natural-woven baskets. So, to add a pop of color I created my own liners.  I think they turned out cute and the kiddos love them.  I still have to make Luke's liner, but now that I've made two, I've begun to figure out some tips and tricks that make the sewing go quicker.

For this project I purchased fabric from Hobby Lobby (waaaay cheaper than from the quilt shops!) including ready-made ruffle.  That ruffle is truly a time saver.  While I wanted to make their basket liners reversible, I couldn't find coordinating fabrics that I like and so I just used the same fabric on both sides.  I love the look of the crisp, white ruffle against the bubblegum pink and royal blue fabrics.




Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts