I'm always looking for new quick bread recipes, and was excited to discover this recipe by Paula Deen a few years ago.
I've made her chocolate chip pumpkin bread several times and it is delicious…and easy to make.
Enjoy…after all…how can one go wrong with pumpkin and chocolate???!!!
(Makes 2 Loaves)
(From Cooking with Paula Deen, Sept/Oct 2010 issue)
2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
4 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease (spray) 2 (9x5-inch) loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, and water. In another large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
3. Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring until blended. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
4. Bake 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Prepare Pumpkin Bread as directed. Stir 8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate into batter before pouring into prepared pans.
We decided to eat one and freeze the other for Thanksgiving week. The first loaf is gone!
(Yup…Christmas movies are already available on Netflix for viewing…)