Cozy Anticipation

It's cold and dreary outside… 

…but warm and cozy inside. 




Yesterday's trip to the mailbox delivered an eagerly awaited gift…

...a gift I gave to myself!  A renewed subscription to Country Living Magazine.



Five years ago, when I quit teaching to stay at home full-time, I needed to make some cuts for the  household budget…

…farewell magazine subscriptions, pedicures, and salon highlights.


My new (lovely) lifestyle of being at home all day meant using the Internet for home decorating ideas, painting toenails myself, and buying drugstore hair color.  *smile*

It was worth it…every single self-denial to be at home with my little ones… was totally worth it.


But now that I'm working part-time…at my kiddos' own school (bonus!)…I'm earning just enough money to splurge on some little things.

Like a magazine subscription.  

And truth be known, I spent more than $13 (my total Country Living subscription cost) each year buying myself a random copy of a magazine here and there…

I promised Mary Catherine that we would look through the magazine together this afternoon after school…

…but I'm not sure I can wait that long.  

I'm good at feigning surprise!
*wink*
 

Comments

  1. I use the excuse of my school's magazine fundraiser as the reason I need to order one magazine every year! What?? I'm just helping out a Catholic school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so cozy, Val! And good for you...put your feet up and read away! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved every moment of it, Billie Jo! Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Oh I love that magazine! I just picked up one from the library today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the library the best?!!! I love to get parenting magazines at the library…much cheaper than purchasing a subscription!

      Delete
  4. Definitely a worthwhile splurge. I can just hear how excited you are to have it back! I used to feel that way about Woman's Day magazine. It made me so happy when that came. Enjoy reading it -- Both times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so cute Kathleen (and I did enjoy it "both times" LOL)!

      Delete
  5. You speak my language here. It is nice that one can
    read magazines and such online but I like having the
    print version in my hot little hand. :)

    I have a subscription to CL myself!

    Enjoy.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes yes, Melinda! There is just something about seeing those color photos and touching those glossy pages in person! :) I've read so many magazines over the years…and yet, CL remains my favorite!

      Delete
  6. Your picture makes me want to be there with y'all! I was looking at your candle. I just broke down and purchased one of the electric wax warmers at Bed, Bath, & Beyond (using my 20% off coupon.) I am liking it so far and thought they'd make a nice Christmas gift for my sisters. Enjoy your subscription!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay funny (or maybe not so funny!) story about the wax warmers…I received a Scentsy one for my birthday from my sister! Loved it…until a small incident happened…I had it on the same table as the candle in the picture…my then-toddler knocked it over with his blankie…HOT WAX EVERYWHERE. On my mini blinds..the painted walls…the hardwood floors…so.much.wax. I left it for days…I didn't even know where to begin with cleaning it. I eventually used a towel and hot iron to re-melt the wax and then through the towels away. The warmer is now in storage…for whatever reason…the fire-fearing kiddos steer clear of candles! LOL

      Delete
    2. "threw" the towel away…

      I'm tired tonight! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts