A REAL Superhero Cape (Fire Fighter)

A couple of years ago, Mary and Benjamin were superheros for Halloween.  (Yes, I have this thing for coordinating costumes...which can be tricky when your brother/sister.)  I thought they looked pretty darn cute that year!

Superhero Halloween, 2009

Anyway, Ben l o v e d  that flimsy little Superman cape that attached with velcro to the body of the costume.  Two years later, he is still trying to wear that little cape with a bodysuit that is waaaaay too tight.  And, in more recent weeks, he has really started looking up to/modeling behavior/and role playing fire fighter around here. 

Makes sense, right...when daddy's a fireman?!!!

So, I decided to try my hand at creating a superhero cape for my "crazy about fire fighters" boy.



Here's how it turned out...






I plan to type up a short tutorial on this simple and super easy-to-sew cape and post soon.

In the meantime, many thanks to all of the REAL heroes in our lives...our service men and women who serve at home and abroad so bravely, police officers, paramedics, and of course fire fighters! 


Comments

  1. Cute! I just decided this week to make a superhero cape for my kiddo's 3rd birthday in May. I can't wait to get started on it, and I know he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sooo darling! nice job, momma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, my gosh, that cape is so cute, but the kiddo in the cape--even cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too precious!!! I love the hero he sees in his daddy. My admiration for all in his line of work and for their families. only the generous ones can do what you all do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a sewing fiend! The cape looks great and I bet Ben loves it!

    Thanks to all our heros!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. every boy needs a cape! I love the fabric of the real like kind of heroes. very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is one happy guy with his special new cape made by his own mama! Your daughter looks so sweet in her costume!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts