Resurrection Rolls

For as long as I can remember, Good Friday has always been about spending the afternoon in quiet contemplation.

As children, this meant no television (all three stations!), radio, or record players for my siblings and me. Only books, puzzles, or time spent in prayer was allowed between the hours of noon and three o'clock.

I have continued my mother's tradition...now that I am a mother.

Our first-born has no trouble with this. She's six, after all, "and can read!"

Middle child struggled a bit more with "quiet time" and I finally allowed him to don his rainboots and slicker and explore the front and back yards.  I think communing with nature qualifies as prayer! 

Only this is what I discovered...heaven help me!

Benjamin moved my decorative ladder from the front porch to the front yard to climb trees!
During our quiet time, we made "Resurrection Rolls".  Mine flopped, but were still delicious.

"Resurrection Rolls"

Essentially, what you do is take crescent roll dough and wrap one triangle around a sugar-coated marshmallow. Pinch the ends and bake according to crescent roll directions.

The marshmallow, representing Jesus, disappears from the "tomb" or crescent roll.

I think we failed to pinch our ends tightly...we had lots of marshmallow that oozed out onto the cookie sheet instead of seeping into the crescent roll.

To get the recipe click here.

Still, it was a beautiful Good Friday.  Gloomy, rainy, overcast all day until late afternoon when the sun broke out in all its glory!

Comments

  1. Too funny. Very creative of Ben. Bet you were surprised to find him climbing your decorative ladder!!!

    Wishing you and yours a Blessed
    Easter!

    Melinda and Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. We avoide tv as much as we can all day also. Our newer tradition is watching the Passion with the older kids later at night. Sadly not this year but that is always a wonderful thing to do. I am amazed at the questions that we all have after watching and how loved we feel. I hope your Easter is bright!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts