"The IMITATION of CHRIST"

As I wrap up my "book week" review, I thought it would be appropriate to come "full circle".

While reading Story of a Soul, The Autobiography of St. Therese, I was introduced to the spiritual work, The Imitation of Christ.


Authored by Thomas a Kempis, around 1441,
"the work is a manual of devotion intended to assist the soul with its pursuit of holiness and communion with God." (Wikipedia)  It is comprised of four books with various chapters in each book.  It is a deep read and one appropriate to share on this 1st Friday of the month.

To learn more about The IMITATION of CHRIST go to the Catholic Encyclopedia or Wikipedia.

Each book holds beautiful suggestions to living a more Christ-centered life.  

I hope that you enjoyed a taste of the reading that has been on my bedside table of late!  While deeply spiritual, it has encouraged in me a desire to lead a more simpler, holier, life.

Wishing you a peaceful weekend and blessed start to your month of April,

Comments

  1. The Imitation of Christ is on my bedside table too. haven't started it yet, but will soon. thanks for sharing. Story of a Soul is beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really sounds really wonderful. I need to see if I can get one to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy to see that you had dropped by today.
    Hope you guys were able to get out in our beautiful weather today. Ken and I did!

    Have a great Sunday!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gardenia and Jenny.

    Thanks so much for dropping by, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Thank you also for sharing your thoughts today. I hope you enjoy this spiritual work as much as I have!

    Blessings,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melinda.

    Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Sunday...we did too! Took the kids to the zoo! Sunburn in early April...wooowhooo!

    Blessings,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read that magnificant book every night before I go to sleep...

    I close my eyes - say a deep prayer in the silence - and while eyes closed still I open it at random and sometimes it really does freak me out what I open to and how much it relates to what I needed to hear/meditate on.....

    love that book

    xo!
    Happy Easter Val!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts