Welcome Spring!



This afternoon I looked at the wireless thermometer and it displayed 80 degrees. I didn't think this could possibly be accurate (the sensor sits in the sun), so I took a peek at an outdoor thermometer that we have mounted on the porch. It is currently shaded by the wrap-around porch...it registered between 80 and 85 degrees. What?!!! So I immediately turned on the Weather Channel which reported that Lawrence, KS (our closest neighboring town) was reporting 81 degrees. Aaaah....spring!

I purchased this sweet wreath at The Flower Petaler while shopping with my mom in St. Charles, Missouri. My mom and I love to shop the antique shops and craft stores in this lovely historic town along the Missouri River. St. Charles is the original capitol of Missouri and is home to wonderful restaurants, wineries, gift shops, museums, etc. Walking along its cobblestone Main street with historic homes intermingled among shop owners is like taking a step back in time! To learn more about this quaint river town click here.

The kids and I are heading to St. Louis this weekend to celebrate my nephew's first birthday! I'm hoping that my mom and I can get in a quick shopping trip to St. Charles between all the festivities. After a long winter, I'm in need of some outdoor retail therapy!

Comments

  1. St. Charles was always a favorite of mine when we lived in St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie,

    St Charles sounds awesome! I hope yall have a safe and wonderful trip. I know what you mean, it was 93 here today, it was a shock for sure. But I am ready for the spring! Have a great Friday!

    Hugs and Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a welcoming front door you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps I am not sure if I ever stopped by to thank you for the sweet comment you left me a little while back....thank you so much, it was incredibly kind of you and I appreciate it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous! We hit 60 yesterday here in MI finally... actually was able to turn the furnace off and open some windows!

    I love the wreaths! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val!
    I hope you had a fantastic time in St. Louis this weekend! I'm planning for Bunco tomorrow and was hoping you would be able to come!! Let me know! :-)

    Later!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely wreath on your front door. I have to say, it's probably time for me to go take my sleds and skates off the front porch, it is March, after all. It looks so empty when it's between seasons! A wreath would be perfect!
    (Thanks for stopping into my blog and for your visit and kind comments! *Ü*)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts