A Blogging Addict

Okay, so if they had BA (Bloggers Anonymous) meetings for folks I think it would go something like this...

"Hi, my name is Valerie and I'm a blogging addict."

Welcome, Valerie.

"I've been blogging since October of 2008. Recently, though, I've become obsessed with creating my own personalized backgrounds. It all started when I discovered that there was more to blogging layout than just the free templates provided by Blogger. I began with the light stuff...you know, free backgrounds from The Cutest Blog on the Block. I have since moved on to the 'harder' stuff...creating my own backgrounds using various digital scrapbooking kits."

"This is more difficult than it looks for someone who is as un-technical as I am. But, I keep good (bad?) company. Many fellow bloggers have come to my aide to provide me with the technical know-how when I stumble."

"Enablers? Perhaps, but I love them!!!"

I'm not sure what the 12 step program would be for blogging addicts, but I'm fairly certain the 1st step would be admitting that you have a problem! My problem has become quite severe as it sometimes involves ignoring my children, housework and meal preparation to get the "perfect" layout finished!

If this is not a true addiction, than it might mean that I have OCD and that could be true as well...I have been up since 4:30 AM so that I could create a perfectly coordinated blog header for my newly created background!

Comments

  1. Valerie - thanks for checking out my blog! I love your own design and am intrigued with how you did it... once school is over I may have to figure that out as well!

    Oh, and I am a Valerie Ann (with no E)... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val,
    I love your new header!!! It looks great! I used cutest blog on the block and am much happier with the look of my blog, but it still needs some work! Keep inspiring me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting me. I like your blog! Now I need to figure out how to do my own headers and stuff as well. I am a fairly new blogger. Let me know if you need my Savings Angel link for anyone to sign up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe we need to form a BA group. But I really don't want to give up the habit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Valerie,
    I had to come over for a visit after you left me the nice comment.

    You have done a great job on your blog design. The rickrack border caught my eye immediately. The header does go perfectly so your early morning efforts did not wasted.

    Yes, I think blogging is an addictive disease. I think you are too far gone now to get out! :) So just enjoy. You could have much worse hobbies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts