Summer Reset: Friendships



After an incredibly (personally) challenging 2nd Semester of the 23-24 school year, I made the decision to not teach summer school.  While the money is always helpful, taking time to regroup and recharge has been more important.  By opening up my schedule, I have been able to make necessary appointments on any day of the work week (not just Fridays) and at any time of the day (8 AM - 5 PM).

Taking this summer off has also allowed me to "lunch with girlfriends", or "happy hour" with them.  *smile*





Yes...that is authentic Kansas City barbecue. My friend and I split the "Holy Trinity"...ribs, brisket, and burnt ends.  To die for!







It's been really fun catching up with friends.  The greatest compliment I've received, over and over, is "It's really good to see you smiling, again!"



The weather has been spectacular for plenty of patio-dining opportunities, and we've definitely taken advantage of it.  

So far these first two weeks of summer break have allowed for major house cleaning, daily runs, friendship rekindling, and feathering my nest for my 3 chicks.  It is so good to have everyone home.





Hopefully, you're enjoying a great start to summer too!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts