A Life Well Lived




Recently, my brother lost his father-in-law.  *sad*

Don and Mary were just such a beautiful example of married love.  Not perfect marriage, but beautiful marriage.  

I enjoyed every opportunity to spend time with this sweet couple, especially at Thanksgiving.  My sister-in-law would host a feast big enough for multiple families to attend, and we all enjoyed each other's company.

Times have changed.  Our littles have nearly all grown up, with mine being the youngest, and most having grown and flown with littles of their own. 


Don drove a big rig...an 18-wheeler...for Walmart.  He did cross-country trips and often took my nephews with him. 

In addition, Don and Mary are Mormon and often hosted young men doing their missionary experience.  They were truly the sweetest example of Jesus' call to "love one another".  Even when their daughter, my SIL, converted to Catholicism, they were at her Easter Day celebration providing her with her very own Catholic bible or maybe rosary (it's been so long)!  Regardless, they are the type of folk that are "good people".  


Although my own teens had things going on, I didn't want to miss out on honoring a man who lived a life well.  I agreed to meet my sweet mama in Booneville, Missouri for Don's Celebration of Life.  




It was sooooo good to see my family again...the third time since Easter weekend.  Absolutely "what the doctor ordered" kind of medicine!


"Main Street" USA in downtown Booneville, a sleepy little river town.

Don, I know that you are resting peacefully in the arms of Jesus.  You fought such a gallant battle...for years...against cancer.  While the cancer won the battle, Jesus won the victory!  Thank you for being such a beautiful example and witness of Christ's love for us all.





Comments

Popular Posts