Winter Storm Finn (Part 1)

We don't get a lot of snow here in the southern plains.  Western Kansas definitely sees more snow and blizzard-like conditions than eastern Kansas (Kansas City).  So, when we do get a few inches (typically 2+) schools get cancelled.  I know..I know...crazy!  Unfortunately, our bus drivers, parents, and students just aren't winter-weather savvy.  Fortunately, we don't get that much snow, and some years we do not even use our built-in snow days.

But this year...this year looks to be different.

Tomorrow, my children and my students get a free snow day!  Winter Storm Finn is so fierce that schools all began calling off for TOMORROW at 5 PM this evening. 

Looking forward to waking up to winter wonderland while I leisurely do laundry and sip hot coffee/tea/cocoa.  

Here are a few shots from tonight.  The rain/sleet/snow started around 10 AM and is predicted to go until 2 PM tomorrow.  Where I live, it has already changed over to all snow. My kids are thrilled!  (And I'm relieved to have all my chicks under my roof for the night.  Basketball was cancelled at 3 PM and Chic-Fil-A closed early so Benjamin didn't have to stay until 11 PM.)


Start of the Storm at 4 PM


Wreath Still on the Door



View From my Front Porch 




Tree Still Up...Feels so Cozy


One Happy Boy


Always Active





Heading off to bed! Sweet Dreams!!!

Comments

  1. I understand how fun snow days are, we raised our kids in the south for many years before moving to Idaho. We still get snow days here, occasionally. It is always exciting for the kids! Enjoy the beauty of the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts