I'm a Little Teapot




I'm a little teapot
Short and stout.
Here is my handle,
Here is my spout.
When I get all steamed up
Hear me shout:
Tip me over
And pour me out!

How many of us remember the lyrics to "I'm a Little Teapot" written by George Harold Sanders and Clarence Z. Kelley in 1939?! I can distinctly remember my grandmothers teaching me the words and motions to the song, and then performing a tap dance routine to it at a local studio. 


Thinking back to my own parenting years, I'm almost certain I taught this nursery rhyme to my toddlers...at least, I'm hoping I did!  

Anyway, I've been blessed to spend these past few days with my now college-aged daughter due to extreme cold weather and school cancellations.  Yesterday, Mary Catherine and I had a mother-daughter date antiquing, shopping, and lunching.  I love that my girl loves antiquing...she even goes with her girlfriends.  Such fun, quirky kids!  

Recently, I discovered a new-to-me home and garden website, henandhorsedesign and it brings me so much joy when I see her posts on my FB feed.  While scrolling through her posts, I saw the most beautiful vignette arranged on her kitchen island.  It was just the inspiration I needed to "make pretty" my own kitchen island.  While out antiquing with Mary Catherine, I spied an adorable silver teapot, and in a neighboring booth I found a pretty platter. The other items I "shopped" from around my house and voila...a gorgeous island centerpiece, evoking a much more genteel time.  




Comments

  1. What a pretty island centerpiece! It's a hot cocoa kind of day around here and definitely a macaroni and cheese night. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts