Christmas Came Early in 2022

“Maybe Christmas (he thought) doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.” 
~The Grinch~



Over the moon with excitement to share that my incredibly talented and exceptionally bright daughter was accepted into Smith College 
for the Class of 2027!

She received official notification on December 16, 2022.  It was a grueling month-long wait for the Early Decision 1 release date, and that Friday we were all holding our breath.  As I got ready to leave for work, I hugged my sweet girl and whispered in her ear...

"Remember...you are more than an acceptance or a rejection from a university.  You are love and are loved."

My American heartland girl is off to the mountains of western Massachusetts!  It's still a bit surreal.  The culmination of four incredibly challenging years (grief ~the loss of her father~, Covid-19, rigorous classes...) and she managed it all with grit and grace.  









Can't wait to see what the future brings for my girl.  #proudmama

Comments

Popular Posts