Christmas Eve 2022 (Kansas City Chiefs Game)


  • “Heap on the wood! The wind is chill; but let it whistle as it will. We’ll keep our Christmas merry still.”
  •  ~ Walter Scott. Sr.~


My boys LOVE football.  In fact, Luke is thrilled to be getting the opportunity to try out for 7th grade football at his middle school next year. (I'm not sure I'm quite as thrilled!) Anyway, one thing that the boys have been repeatedly asking for is to go to a Chiefs Game with me.  

In December of 2019, Chris took the boys to their very first NFL game.  It was an early Christmas gift that December, and I am forever grateful that the boys got to experience that with their dad.  Chris passed suddenly and unexpectedly less than 8 weeks later in February of 2020...just a week after the Chiefs won the Super Bowl.  Weird how things sometimes work out...

So, when I saw that my employer was offering discounted tickets to the Christmas Eve game against the Seattle Seahawks last summer, I made the decision to take the kids.  After viewing the seat availability (nosebleed sections), Santa upgraded to Field Level so that my football-loving boys would have a Christmas to remember.

Of course, who knew back in August that Mother Nature's worst deep freeze would be sweeping across the nation?!  We made the decision to attend the game anyway, wrapping up in lots of layers and face protection.  

The crowd was awesome and we all had a good time.  We stayed through the end of 3rd Quarter before we could no longer compete with the weather!  Christmas Eve Mass followed the Chiefs game and then we each tumbled into our beds.  

Christmas Eve was magical this year!




























Comments

  1. Val!!! How are you??? I am so glad to see you back here! Your family has grown: kids tend to do that! I hope all is well, and you continue to post here. And I did notice an extra person in a few photos??? Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts