Weston's Red Barn Farm

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend. 

We sure did.  We took the kids to Weston's Red Barn Farm on Sunday and enjoyed all the best that Fall in the Heartland has to offer.

Enjoy the pictures of nature's bounty...and my kiddos.  *wink*




 I think the giant picture frame shot is my favorite pic from this collage!



Sights around the Farm





Close-ups shot in the Corn Maze




And a few random images from around the farm...


Loved these old lanterns on the barns...looking for similar lighting for our front porch.


Fresh-frozen pies prepared for sale at The Farmer's House.


Last few blooms before the predicted hard freeze to come.

Fields of gold...



I have a thing for old windmills!


Brothers waiting on the horse-drawn wagon.


This one's getting to be such a big boy!


Family shot on the wagon.



A pic with my youngest.



A peaceful ride through the woods.


Thank you, Tutera Group for gifting us with tickets to the Weston Red Barn Farm for the day.  We enjoyed our visit and loved your sponsored Scarecrow!

Comments

  1. Love, love, love this place.
    Ken and I stopped there several years ago
    and enjoyed wandering around .

    Great pics of all of you!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear friend! Can you believe in all of my years in living in KC...especially living in PARKVILLE...that I never had visited the Weston Red Barn Farm?! Definitely a place to go back to!

      Delete
  2. Perfectly perfect in every way, Val!
    Your photos capture the autumn feel beautifully. : )
    And those pies????? Oh, those pies!!!!!
    Have a peaceful evening, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Billie Jo...those pies looked to die for! I almost bought one...but we stopped in the gift shop FIRST...and I was worried about them thawing in the car. We actually warmed up to about 72 and I wouldn't have wanted the pie to thaw and then refreeze. I so love a blog friend that can appreciate a good pie freezer photo! LOL Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful day. I just love that picture of your youngest waiting for the wagon. Too cute! All the pictures are great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Kathleen. It was such a fun day...and the weather was perfect! Long-sleeves with jeans were enough...not too cold...not too hot. Made for happy kids and mama! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh Valerie, what wonderful memories. A couple of weekends ago, I had a chance to visit with a friend as I waited for the teenagers' social to end (which was at my friend's house). We were talking about how we miss the days of slower pace and more family time...just like what you described above in pictures. My older siblings and in-laws always talked about how busy life gets when the kids become teens. Even though I try to stall the pace, I have accepted the fact that it is the new normal. So happy that you had this time. Embrace those memories and the young age of your littles as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty! I hear ya...on the busyness of life as children age. Funny you brought this up...I was observing a young mom with 2 toddler-age ones (and one on the way) at the public library the other day. I was jealous! :) I long for those simpler days...when staying at home was the norm...not shuttling kiddos to one activity or the other (and we don't allow over-scheduling in this house! It's just the nature of the beast when they enter the school years.). Trying to capture these days' memories






      as much as possible!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts