Beauty on Sunday

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."
 ~Philippians 4:8~










I've been in the process of creating this sweet quilt for my beautiful daughter.

This is the first time that I have actually done more than just piece...I've added borders...and finished the backing (FLANNEL!)

Thursday afternoon, I ran by my favorite Singer sewing machine store and bought the one thing I desperately needed to finish this quilt...a "walking foot"...a necessary sewing machine attachment for the serious quilter!  :)

What beautiful thing have you gazed upon this Sunday?  Do share!



 

Comments

  1. It's looking great, Valerie! What a beautiful gift for your little daughter :) Hmmm...the beautiful thing I saw. On our way to Mass this morning, we drove by a pasture that had cedar trees and a small pond. With the temperature dip last night, "steam" was rising from the warm pond waters into the crisp morning air. Hard to see the beauty in words, but none the less, it was magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty...that sounds gorgeous! I love seeing steam rising off of ponds...hauntingly beautiful. Hope your Sunday was lovely!!!

      Delete
  2. My husband giving my 2 year old a haircut and letting him "help" by holding the clippers. So sweet, and the first time he didn't cry to get his haircut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so sweet! Those are the experiences that make the memories that add up to a lifetime of beauty! Hugs my friend!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts