- Celebrating 19 years of marriage last week.
- Celebrating my father's birthday.
- Celebrating my sister-in-law's birthday.
- That we had safe travels on our journey to St. Louis and back over the weekend.
- For the crisp weather and blues skies we had to celebrate Immaculate Conception Parish's annual Turkey Dinner in beautiful Augusta (wine country) Missouri.
- Papa/grandson moments.
- Progress made on Mary Catherine's full-size bed quilt.
|Taken on our Wedding Day (after the ceremony!) 19 years ago.|
|Celebrating my father's birthday this weekend in St. Louis, Missouri.|
|Celebrating my crazy sister-in-love's birthday! I bought her the CRAZY SISTA's cookbook by Jimmy Buffet's sister, Lucy Buffet when we ate at LuLu's restaurant in Gulf Shores, AL last summer.|
|This is the view from behind my brother and sister-in-law's parish in August, MO. I know, seriously, right?!!!|
|Beautiful, tiny, Immaculate Conception Parish in Augusta, MO.|
Beauty in the Ordinary
- Papa and my youngest, Luke Alexander, operating the trains.
- Papa and my middle child, Benjamin, sharing a moment operating the trains.
- Mary Catherine playing with the doll house that my father built for me when I was just her age.
- The view in Augusta, Missouri...better known as Wine Country. The town sits high up on the bluffs overlooking the Missouri River. Gorgeous!
|Benjamin (5) with Papa at the train board.|
|Thinks he's graduated to Engineer!|
|Newer model board that my father has been working on. This is a hobby of his that I recall fondly from my childhood! I loved going down to our basement to see what my dad was creating...little trees, mountains, towns, circuses, etc.|
|My littlest one wants in on the action, too!|
|Adjusting the speed of the trains.|
|I think I was around age 10, when my father built this doll house for me. The kit was under the tree one Christmas!|
|Mary Catherine now loves this doll house and can lose herself for hours playing make-believe.|
|Gorgeous view of the bluffs surrounding Augusta, Missouri.|
I will be praying for some dear, dear friends that are traveling to Rome for their Year of Faith pilgrimage. They are able to attend the Canonization Mass of Kateri Tekakwitha! What an incredible opportunity. Let's remember this dear family and pray that they have safe travels to St. Louis and then on to Italy.
In addition, my friend has offered to send your prayer intentions with her husband and children to Rome! Email prayer intentions to: email@example.com. I have a few that I am sending for sure!
(On a personal note...this friend is an incredibly beautiful and faith-filled Catholic. We attended Catholic all-girl high school together and she is an incredible face for the Pro-Life movement! She recently delivered identical twin girls...children number 10 & 11 in their super-sized family!)
The Gospel according to Matthew (The New American Bible)
The Imitation of Christ, Thomas a Kempis
Rediscover Catholicism, Matthew Kelly
Magnificat: Year of Faith Companion
The Healing of a Centurion's Servant (Matthew 8: 5-13)
"The centurion said in reply, 'Lord I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed.' "
I can not even describe how very excited I am to begin this Year of Faith in our Church. I can only pray that every Catholic takes the opportunity to learn more about our religion...Mass...sacraments, etc. The "Healing of a Centurion's Servant" is the perfect example of how someone like me, who considers themselves a "faithful" Catholic, had never made the connection between this passage and the Liturgy of the Eucharist!!! Seriously, where.have.I.been???
You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
Linking up with the lovely ladies of...