Ave Maria, Gratia Plena


Just as in years' past, 
we celebrated Mother's Day beginning with Mass

After Mass, I  like to stop and take moment to thank our Blessed Mother for her yes to do God's will;
for her intervention on my behalf to her precious son, Jesus Christ;
and for serving as a model of grace to all women.

Ave Maria, gratia plena
O holy Mary, full of grace;
Dominus tecum, with you the Holy One.
Such is your gift to know God in your heart.








Benedicta, blest among women,
benedictus, the child that you bore:
Jesus the Savior, God's love incarnate,
benedicta, deep woman of  faith.
Ave Maria, Ave Maria, Ave, Ave Maria.







Sancta Maria, Holy Mary,
Mater Dei, Mother of God:
Ora pro no bis, pray for our faithfulness
all through the seasons of life with hope and with love.









Following Mass, we go out for brunch.
This year we went to an outdoor shopping area that has some beautiful landscaping.

The kids especially loved playing in the fountain while waiting for our table.
(The wait was long...and I'm thinking that if I better prepare for next year, I might have breakfast ready the night before...then we can have a leisurely lunch after Mass...without having to wrangle hungry kiddos and long lines!)









And my Mother's Day present from my husband and the kids...



...my new camera lens!  

I only wish I had it the night before for Mary's ballet recital.  You might have noticed that I never post any stage shots...I'm always too far away to get any good pictures.  But not anymore!

Hoping that all mother's, grandmothers, godmothers, and aunties had a most blessed Mother's Day!


Comments

  1. oh your children are beautiful, valerie!! happy mother's Day ((love your new blog header photo)) and wow a new camera lens. yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, re your comment: It is a Tomie de Paola sticker book that amazon sells http://www.amazon.com/The-Garden-Good-Shepherd-Calendar/dp/156854362X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337181313&sr=8-1

    Check out Catholic Cuisine blog -- Jessica put it all together as seven weekly parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    I just found your blog.

    It's absolutely lovely.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Melissa!

    I just dropped by to visit you too!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts