Rocks and Rabbits

Lots of exciting things have been going on around our household.  We’ve been busy, busy, busy!  In fact, tomorrow night we are hosting a little shin dig at our place…sort of a barbeque/gender reveal party rolled into one.  So, if you’ve been wondering if Baby K is a boy or a girl, only 48-hour until I go public!  :)

IMG_3306

In the meantime, it’s been soccer games, potty training, and nursery/shared bedroom planning.  I ordered the border for the ____’s room and the paint color has been decided upon.  I’ve also decided upon new bedroom furniture for Benjamin…poor kid has still been sleeping on the crib mattress on the floor!  Time to get to decorating!

Last Friday I hit a big milestone…24-weeks with this pregnancy.  As any pregnant woman can tell you, 24-weeks is when one can begin to breathe a huge sigh of relief.  Twenty-four weeks is considered, by most hospitals throughout the United States, the age at which  viability of a fetus/baby is considered achievable.  Of course, a 24-weeker would require extensive life-saving treatment, but it is attainable. 

march20of20dimes20twins

According to the March of Dimes, viability at 24-weeks is anywhere from 39 to 75% (depending on how many days into  week 24).  Today, I am 25 weeks and viability jumps to 50-80%.  And while I don’t expect to have a preemie, (heck, I’ve never even gone into labor on my own, let alone experienced it!) you just never know…especially when you are over 40 years old!!! 

One thing is certain, this pregnancy has been more challenging  when it comes to energy level.  I have been miserable at blogging, but I do want you to know that I daily visit and read your blogs .  I may not comment, but I do keep up with your gardens, decorating, baby milestones, etc.!  They make me smile, give me inspiration, and encourage me to push myself to keep house and stay busy with Mary and Ben when I just want to be a couch potato!  Some days though, I am just beyond exhausted.  Case in point…we never dyed Easter eggs! AAARGH!  My poor kids!

Unfortunately, Daddy was on-duty both Good Friday and Easter Sunday so it was a quiet holiday this year.  BUT, the little ones did get some really neat gifts from the Grandmas…hence the rocks and rabbits!

IMG_3138

Easter gifts from Mimi & Papa

IMG_3143

IMG_3144 

IMG_3149

IMG_3152

Gifts from Grandma Kueter…new sand buckets, hoodies, and wind-up bunnies!

IMG_3160

IMG_3162

IMG_3161

IMG_3165

IMG_3176

Well, I’m off to read a few blogs and then get to work cleaning house.  Mostly I just need to mop the hardwood floors, dust, and Windex the tiny fingerprints off the windows.  As endearing as I may find them, I’m sure my house guests would appreciate clean windows! Meanwhile,  fire hubby has been seasoning and marinating the meat for the party at the fire station…2 pork shoulders and a brisket.  YUM!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend,


Comments

  1. can't wait till tomorrow!! I think I know which color I am going to wear?

    I admire you...I know that you are tired and worn out, and I know that I would just want to be couch potato as well, but you carry on and get involved with your kiddos so much!! Go Super Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Easter was not in the hospital so that is a plus. Ours was still special but I also felt like I let the kids down. At least Bagel is healthy again.
    I love your bunny picture. The kiddos are beauitful. I am so sad that I live to far and will miss your party. Enjoy special times with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of yourself and claim all the extra rest you can now! I sure do remember those days... do we ever forget them?

    I had a cousin born at 23 weeks, and I remember all the machines and miracles needed to keep her alive, but she's 20 as of this week and will always be our families miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking of you as I was driving home from work today--so I was excited to see that you had posted.
    Can't wait for tomorrow!
    Kids are looking cute as always.
    Get some rest before your party!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like your kiddos had a great Easter!!! Congrats on being 25 weeks! Praise God! I can't wait to hear whether you are having a boy or a girl. I am so excited to know!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It stinks when they have to work holidays. Too bad Easter doesn't come with holiday pay!

    Congratulations on having a boy Valerie and being over 24 weeks! Any names picked out yet?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts