From our Front Porch Looking in!


Wait...before you use your back arrow...you are at the right blog! I mentioned in a previous post that I will be giving this little blog of mine a facelift. Well, that includes a new "title" as well as some new "lists" on my sidebar.


All of the links that I have featured under "Inspiring Bloggers" are women whom I consider to exemplify pillars of courage and grace while facing adversity. Many of them have used blogging as a way to share their stories of triumph over trials and tribulations.


Another feature that I have added are links to websites that I believe help to make our world a more beautiful place. "Making Life Beautiful" features links that include both commercial (such as HGTV) and "homemade" websites (i.e. links to wonderfully crafty and talented women).


Finally, I created a separate listing of my favorite digital scrapbooking websites for those of you who are wanting to learn more about this new obssession of mine. Warning...digital scrapbooking can become addictive!


The picture posted is of our beautiful home that we built here in Kansas. (Photo taken during the winter months...yuck...I mean, if you're going to have cold you should at least have snow, right?!) My favorite feature...most definitely the wrap-around porch! While I long to move back "home" (St. Louis), I can't bear the thought of giving up this home that my husband and I poured so much of our heart and soul into and where we brought home both of our babies. I LOVE the sound of the screen door slamming, the "big wheels" rolling, and the pitter patter of little feet!
"And the view I love the most, is my front porch looking in." (Lonestar)


Comments

  1. Hey Valerie, I am so glad that you enjoyed the cake. I don't know where the name came from. It is delicious and I love to make it when I am going to be traveling, because it doesn't require a frosting and it is not that messy to eat. I have some other really good recipes for cakes that people have enjoyed over the years that are delicious, so I will have to share those on my blog in the future. I am more than happy for you to give out the recipe. That is what recipes are for. I take it as a compliment when anyone wants my recipe. Take care and have a wonderful day.
    Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts