Introducing...

"When teachers stop learning
so do students."
~Jim Knight~

Y'all...it's been a minute since I last posted!  

Covid hit my little family hard...a "souvenir" from our summer vacay.  *sad* 

Fortunately, all my kids have fully recovered, but the FLiRT variant hit me exceptionally hard...a combination of a stressed immune system, being overtired, and travel...and I missed several days of work.  I am happy to report that I am back at it AND in a new position!  



I have moved into the position of "Instructional Coach" with Kansas City Kansas Public Schools! This is a big shift for me...leaving the "classroom" and working directly with students to observing instructional practices within classrooms and working with teachers.  Student-centered coaching is the model of practice we use, and student data is our guide to improve the delivery of our instructional practices that meet student needs.

I have so much to learn, but I am thrilled to be working directly with passionate, dedicated educators. We have a wealth of talent in our classrooms! My hope for the 24-25 school year is to observe and share best practices from our elementary teachers with first-year, and new-to-district teachers, as well as share the knowledge I have developed over my past 21-years in education including working as an interventionist (ESOL) over the past six years.

Cheers to all of our amazing classroom teachers getting ready to celebrate the First Day of School tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts