Rest In Peace, Daddy

Eighteen days since you left us.

Suddenly.

Unexpectedly.

And although you and I have been divorced for almost (4) years, our love story lives on in our three (3) children.

We are grief-stricken.  

And broken-hearted.  As your heart must've been broken...

We don't understand why...why after the hundreds of lives you saved during your 30-year career,  your brothers in the Fire Service couldn't save yours...

We miss you, Daddy.


Full Fire Department Honors Burial

Roses drying from our "Dad" floral funeral spray.

We were so proud of you and honored to be at your side at your retirement from the Fire Department. 


Comments

  1. Oh! I am so sorry to hear this, Valerie. Sending condolences to your family across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie,
    I tried to email you but it was refused.
    I am sooo sorry!
    Please let me know how I can help.
    May God hold you all in his arms.
    Please email me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Valerie. After you visited my site I came over here to see what was going on in your corner of life. I was stunned to hear the news about Chris' passing. You all have my deepest sympathies. I cannot imagine how life has been. At the same time, I wanted to share with you the name of another family who has recently lost Daddy to cancer. She writes incredibly and poetically from the depths of her grief and clings desperately to her faith to get her through. Her instagram site is The Future is Family. Her name is Kristine. I'm not sure how much it would help, but I know she "gets" what you all are going through right now. Prayers of peace and comfort. Patty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts