Beauty on a Sunday...Estes Park

Beauty on a Sunday...Estes Park, Colorado edition...

A traumatic Fall 2016, found me traveling to Estes Park, Colorado with Chris and the kids during their Winter Break from school.  

It was a cathartic trip in many ways, mostly for our children who were needing some stability and normalcy to return to their lives.  Some poor decisions were made that created a lot of chaos in my children's lives during the Summer and Fall of 2016.   While the story is not mine to tell, suffice it to say that he (their father) is contrite and has learned some valuable life lessons.  While some questioned my motives and/or the sensibility of going on vacation with my ex-husband and children, a family discussion took place prior to the trip and we were all on the same page. 

The truth of the matter is...children are always going to have hope that their parents reconcile.  While that is not possible at this time, I don't believe that the door of reconciliation is ever fully shut.  And for my part, I work to be as conciliatory as possible towards my ex-husband for the sake of our children.  This trip to Colorado...a trip we had taken several times with our children...was an opportunity for some healing to take place.  

As we were in Estes Park over a long weekend, we attended Mass at Our Lady of the Mountains Catholic Church.  Celebrating the Liturgy of the Eucharist is always life-giving. 








Later that afternoon, we traveled into Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) where we went snowshoeing.  It was bitter cold last year...record lows and record snows...and altitude sickness set in quickly for the kids.  We didn't get very far, but we did enjoy the breathtaking scenery.









I hope you had a wonderful day.  Wishing you a blessed start to the work week.




Comments

  1. Where I am not in your shoes, I truly admire your reasoning behind this weekend. I pray for all of you; for your peace and above all, knowing that you are always walking closer toward God. Keep Him as the goal and everything will fall into place. He already knows how this ends. love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts