Christmas Eve/Christmas Day

I am bound and determined to finish up my December posts (in January!) so that:

A)  I have some type of documentation to the 2009 holiday season and

B) If I ever get around to actually scrapbooking these lovely events I might actually have some memory of what happened!

So here a couple of shots of December 24th and 25th.

IMG_2249

IMG_2261

(Note to Self:  If the kiddos can handle it and you are not wanting to put in some cheesy Santa pic with Christmas Cards, go see Santa at the mall during the day on December 24th.  NO WAITING IN LINE!)  Once again…Ben was not a huge fan of Santa.  Has screamed and cried every year…no tears this year, but he was still trepidatious.

IMG_2330

IMG_2331

IMG_2333

As you know, our family has embraced the “less is more” philosophy and we began putting it into practice with the holiday season.  Unlike previous years (read: when mama was employed) where the kids got tons of gifts from both mommy & daddy and Santa, Chris and I agreed to limit the spending to just a few big ticket items that we knew the little ones would really love even if they didn’t ask for them.

Case in point, this STEP 2 kitchen.  Mary and Ben love to play kitchen and have a wonderful hand-me-down kitchen from my good friend Erin over at The Little Things in Life. But like all hand-me-downs, parts are lost or worn over time.  My little ones didn’t know any different, but since this is a beloved toy in our house, Chris and I decided that the “big-ticket” item from Santa this year would be a new kitchen.  Of course, little did we know the ELVES would forget to include a whole package of parts that included the clock, telephone, burners, spice rack, etc.  THOSE ELVES!!!  (I must note here that the Customer Service Dept. at the 1-800 number for STEP 2 was most helpful and sent out the missing parts package immediately, no questions asked, no proof of purchase necessary…thank you STEP 2!!!)

 

IMG_2344

Finally, one last pic…we celebrated Christmas with Chris’ family here in Kansas City on Christmas Day.  This is a cute cousin pic that I snapped during a relative moment of calmness.  When these 6 get together chaos ensues!!!  The oldest grandchild, my sweet niece Ashley, is 15 and the youngest is Megan, age 2 1/2.  Collin is 12, Noah 7, Mary 5 and Ben 3.  Quite a cute bunch! 

Ashley, by the way, is 6’1” and a bean pole!  She is a star volleyball player for her Junior High and made her first competition club team this winter!  Ashley is my husband’s niece, his sister’s daughter.  While my sister-in-law isn’t overly tall (5’8”) her brothers (my husband and brother-in-law) are 6’4” and 6’5” respectively.  I’ve asked our pediatrician about Mary growing to 6 foot and he said probably not.  While she will definitely be taller than her mama (5’4” ROUNDING UP!) she probably wont’ be taller than 5’6” – 5’8”.  That’s tall enough for me!!!  All bets are off with Ben!


Comments

  1. Smart idea to visit Santa on Christmas eve! Over here we meet him that day since that is our big day and I think most kids are afraid of Santa :-) I can remember how afraid I was and felt a kind of relief whan I understood he wasn´t real :-) :-)

    Have a great day now!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics--it is good to hear form you. It is a busy time I know.
    I bet the kids loved their new kitchen!


    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see they got a new kitchen. Tell Mary to make me a cake. I am also glad they got sooooo much use out of the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Santa pictures can be quite a challenge! We always try to get a picture of the younger generation cousins too and it can be difficult too, they are always on the move!
    I always wanted a kitchen when I was little, I bet they lOVE theirs. I hope you have a terrific weekend with your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of the kids opening their presents....precious! Love their jammies! I am hoping with this three day weekend to get some scrapbooking done. Santa got me a cricket and it's been alot of fun and some nice blog friend....cough, cough, sent me a really neat scrapbook idea book with a cd I'm going to play with!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Christmas pictures! Your kids are just adorable! And your niece is 6'1". Oh my! She is tall. And she is beautiful too. Love the cousin picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many sweet photos of Christmas. You have a beautiful family :)

    With the great presents, I am sure they didn't notice that there were less. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts