|Happy Birthday, Grandma!|
WOW. Ninety years young! What was happening 90 years ago, in 1920...
- the 19th Amendment was ratified giving women the right to vote.
- Prohibition goes into effect with the passage of the 18th Amendment.
- Warren G. Harding is elected President in Nov. 1920 to replace President Woodrow Wilson.
- The New York Yankees buy Babe Ruth.
- The Ford Model T continues to sell well.
- A pound of bacon cost $.47 and a dozen oranges cost $.55.
Grandma still lives on her own in her 2-story house, drives, and dresses/puts on her make-up, and fixes her hair each day! I called her the other day and she told me that she had driven herself to a restaurant because she was craving some Fish & Chips. A couple over at the next booth, overheard her telling the waitress that she had just turned 90-years old. The couple came over to congratulate her and asked how she got to the restaurant. She told them, "I still drive." And then she told me, "Valerie, it's good to be 90!" LOVE it!!!!
|My grandmother with her brother, my great-uncle.|
|My sister and I with our grandmother.|
|Look at those manicured nails...I told ya Grandma takes care of herself!|
|The polka master!|