“Mr. Sandman…”

 We’re back from our family vacation to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  We enjoyed lots of Calabash seafood, a couple of daytrips exploring the area, and lots of rest and relaxation that involved beach time.

As you can see from the title of the post, Benjamin was not such a fan of the ocean.  The sand he loved…the surf…not so much!  And while Mary never really had a fear of the ocean, I’m confident that in another year or two, Benjamin will also come to love the coastal waters that bring me so much peace and happiness.

For the majority of the vacation, Benjamin stayed in the sand.  Content with digging and building, allowing only his feet to get wet, my little man happily constructed sand castles and collected shells.IMG_3816

 

IMG_3817

IMG_3819

Mid-week, we took a daytrip to Wilmington, North Carolina and the Cape Fear coast.  BEAUTIFUL!  It was here that Benjamin really began to explore the surf with his feet.  Perhaps because he was fully clothed and knew we weren’t going to require him to submerge his body!  This series of pictures shows him tentatively getting his feet and hands wet.

IMG_4035

IMG_4039

IMG_4041

IMG_4063

IMG_4064

IMG_4065

IMG_4066

And even by the last day of our stay, after he had spent the majority of the morning and afternoon wave jumping with mama and sissy, he was still most content playing Mr. Sandman!

IMG_4121

IMG_4130

IMG_4136

IMG_4134

IMG_4097

IMG_4095

After arriving home safely late Sunday night, we jumped right back in to our busy lives on Monday morning!  This year, Mary Catherine is enrolled in our Parish’s vacation bible school program, and I volunteered to teach…I really don’t know what I was thinking!  HA!  I’m beyond exhausted, and have some very challenging 4th – 6th graders in my age group, but I sure slipped right back into my teaching mode.  I guess I didn’t really realize how much I missed the classroom…NOT that I plan to go back any time soon!  LOL

I also had a weekly OB visit on Monday afternoon, and all looks well with our our little man.  Getting excited to meet him in July!

Tonight, after the kids are put to bed and with the daddy being back on-duty, I look forward to some quiet blog-reading time!  Hope everyone has been doing well!

 


Comments

  1. so cute!!!! I love the pics, Ben looks like he had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello--
    Looks like you guys had fun!Glad you made it back safely. Love the pics.
    VBS--you are a brave woman!
    Give me a call,love to hear about your trip. We need to do lunch again. Check out my post I did on
    our outing.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Some of your pics didn't show up for me. :( Hope you have a great time teaching VBS. It's wonderful that you are able to stay home with your kids now! Can't wait til the baby arrives...I know you are ready! Thanks for stopping by. I've missed you!

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back home. the pictures are beautiful. sounds as though you had a wonderful time. i too love the ocean, and the salt air! my daughter is in VBS this week and enjoying it. wow, you are almost at your due date. how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like he managed to have lots of fun even if he wasn't in the water! He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe he'll be here so soon!!! Its flown by for me as a reader. I'm excited to see your new addition.
    I'm so glad you guys had such a great trip. I love that Benjamen liked the sand so much. These pics of him are adorable.
    It sounds and looks like you all had a great trip.
    I hope that Mary Catherine has fun at vacation bible school. I used to love going every summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts