Snow Day 3.0

Snow days.  Teachers and students love them.  Admin probably dreads them.  A logistical nightmare trying to appease teachers and parents EOY exit dates while also meeting state days attendance requirements.  

Nonetheless, we are having our 3rd snow day this week.  Freezing mist made for slick roads, and frigid temps made for flash freezing.  Lots of car crashes starting around 5 AM, so school was called off around 5:30.  

I had already gotten up, showered, fed the dog, started a load of laundry and emptied the dishwasher when I got the call. Productive morning! ;)






This is today's coffee/hot tea mug.  It is so sweet.  I love its snowy scene featuring an owl and cardinal.  

I bought this because if reminds me of Mary and Chris. 

Mary's high school mascot was the owl...and cardinals are symbolic of your passed loved-one visiting.  We seem to see cardinals when we least expect it...or most need it.  (Thank you, Heavenly Father!) Every time I use my mug it reminds me of my daughter (so far away!) and dad watching over her.

So, cheers to our third snow day making for a four-day weekend!  Stay cozy!






Comments

  1. Happy Snow Day!!! Those were always fun! I love cardinals too, my friend. My dad and my sister visit me often! So very happy you are blogging again. Could I mention that on my blog and link back to you? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts