Ooh La La...Crepes!

"Wherever you go, go with all your heart."
Confucius 

Happy Friday Friends!

I have been forcing myself to get out my comfort zone more often and to basically "be a tourist" in my own community.

Since I am kid-free this weekend, and it is my last weekend of Summer Break, I decided to try a new restaurant for lunch.  

Chez Elle Creperie and Coffeehouse.  

It did not disappoint!  

The ambience.  The food.  The weather!  Only 80 degrees at lunchtime on July 27th!  







I ordered the savory crepe, "le jardin".  It was delicious!  Spinach, artichoke, caramelized onions, mushrooms and Gruyere cheese...mmmmm!

I chose to eat outside under a bright red umbrella at a quaint little wrought iron table.







After a slow lunch including spending time reading a novel and bumping into a friend who happened to be walking by on the sidewalk!...I meandered my way back to my car.  

Chez Elle is located in downtown Kansas City and tucked into a neighborhood that is definitely undergoing some revitalization.  So many mothers with babies and toddlers walking the tree-lined sidewalks, business men and women doing some window shopping and eating at quaint bistros, and lots of women lunching with friends!  

These are some of the homes that I passed by.  I stopped several times to gaze at patio gardens and front porches.  











Although I was nervous when my downtown streets were blocked off due to construction...and it felt odd to eat by myself (single mingle!)...I was proud of myself for stepping outside of my box.  As one girlfriend said to me..."I am so proud of you, Val!  You haven't just stepped outside of the box...you've crushed it!"  *love*


My theme song, "Whole Wide World" by Mindy Gledhill.  Love her music.  Take a listen!


Wishing you a wonderful weekend!




Comments

  1. Oh Val!
    You are so beautiful!
    And I am so happy for you to be out enjoying yourself.
    Hugs and love!
    Keep posting. I am so happy to be keeping up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did "crush it" and looked FABULOUS while at it. I admire your courage!! The neighborhood and creperie are adorable. The food looked delicious. I'm so happy (for you) that you did this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend!!! It takes courage for sure, but it is worth pushing the envelope and being brave. Hugs

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts