Be Who You Were Created to Be

"Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire."
~St. Catherine of Siena~

Catholic Christian.  Mother/Daughter/Girlfriend.  Homemaker.  Writer.  Teacher. Widow.

And most recently...Keynote Speaker.

These are what I am called to be.  Gifts and talents. Charisms. Imbued through Baptism by the Holy Spirit.  








As life is slowly finding a new rhythm (widowhood/work-life balance/parenthood) I've been experiencing a desire to go deeper in faith.  

Recently, I purchased this beautiful Catholic edition of the New Living Translation of the Bible.  It includes the full biblical canon recognized by the Roman Catholic Church.  The writer in me is especially excited to journal throughout its lovely pages while meditating on God's word.  

I also picked up a new rosary.  I can't think of a more powerful tool to soothe my often-times weary soul. 

“The Rosary is the best therapy for these distraught, unhappy, fearful, and frustrated souls, precisely because it involves the simultaneous use of three powers: the physical, the vocal, and the spiritual…”

~Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen~


So grateful for this life I've been given and the gifts I've received thus far. 

Comments

Popular Posts