Captain Kueter’s Last Call

Daddy’s Last Call

Dear Daddy,

I Googled your name one evening after watching fire fighting videos on YouTube.  I miss you so very much...

...how could you leave us?!?!!  We are so young...we are only 9, 13, and 15.

We miss you, Daddy.  Please come back to us...

Love,

Luke,  Ben, and Mary


P.S.  I almost jumped into mommy's lap when the dispatcher toned out your last call at the cemetery.  Mommy tried desperately to memorize what was being said, but it was too much...too fast...to heart-wrenching.  We are so grateful to the Train Video guy that uploaded your last call to YouTube.  We've listened to it several times.  A bittersweet keepsake.  RIP, Daddy.


Comments

  1. Val,
    I cannot imagine what you and your sweet babes are feeling.
    I wish there were something I could do.
    As it is, I am praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice of them to do this for you.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! As Mother Teresa said, "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

Valerie

Popular Posts