Yet, when I look back at my blog archives for 2012, I see that I haven't done a good job documenting the precious memories we made. Job promotions, summer vacations, the beauty in everyday life...captured in digital format...but without any words to express the experiences and emotions that went along with those memories.
For many, words are unnecessary. But for me, words are how I best communicate.
2012 Year In Review
(Left to Right)
1. January 2012...Baby Luke in Rubbermaid tub...18 months old
2. February 2012...Mary Catherine's handmade Valentines for school
3. March 2012...St. Patrick's Day cupcakes
4. April 2012...Our "new to us" piano
5. May 2012...Cowgirl Mary before her all-school Spring concert
6. June 2012...Me with big hair in 1987! Yearbook Photo from 25-Year High School Reunion
7. July 2012...Benjamin on the 4th of July
8. August 2012...Chris and I at his Fire Promotion ceremony
9. September 2012...Mary and Luke at our town's "De Soto's Days" Labor Day festival
10. October 2012...Me with my sister-in-law, Julie, Mary and Luke at a church festival in Augusta, MO
11. November 2012...Benjamin's 6th Birthday party at Daddy's fire station
12. November 2012...Mary Catherine dressed as Saint Kateri Tekakwitha for Thanksgiving
13. December 2012...candy canes...simple Christmas
14. December 2012...Santa gifts
15. December 2012...Family Room Christmas tree
16. December 2012...Benjamin Rudolph
In 2011, as I wrapped up the year, I chose "intentional" as my "word" for 2012. I think I was mostly successful with living a more intentional life. I know there were a few times when I allowed the busy-ness of daily life to get in the way of truly focusing on what is important (my Faith life and caring for my family), but for the most part I succeeded and that is what I choose to focus on...my successes in 2012.
As 2013 fast approaches, my focus is going to be on living a more "beautiful" life...bringing order, joy, and peace to my loved ones and those I interact with on a daily basis. A smile at the store clerk...a deep breath and prayer for the driver that cuts me off...a paring down of "stuff" in the beautiful home I've been blessed with...
Beauty. In the ordinary.
Wishing all of you that drop by to read here...whether you leave comments or not...a Blessed 2013 and a "beautiful" year ahead!